Can Restylane Be Injected to the Nose Tip?

The bridge of my nose has sunken pass the point and it's worse when I'm stressed or without proper sleep.

It has bothered me since I was 30. Now in my 50's and would like it filled but have not seen anyone else with that problem. I was told it was a bad place for Restylane but the doctor has agreed to do it.

Restylane or Juvederm should be avoided in the nasal tip

+2

Restylane or Juvederm should be avoided in the nasal tip due to the risk of tip necrosis. This is a horrible complication to get. I have seen this occur in a patient treated elsewhere and it is hard to correct. The product or any injectable filler injected into the tip of the nose can result in vascular compromise and block the blood supply to the nose in that area. Along the top of the nose or dorsum it is safer in that area to use due to a greater blood supply. A better option might be to do a limited rhinoplasty.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Injection in the Nose?

+1

If the bridge of your nose has sunken, it sounds as if you will require some form of dorsal augmentation instead of injecting the tip of the nose. If this is true, the Radiesse would be a better choice due to its better volumizing capacity. That being said, fillers in the nose are an imperfect and temporary solution for this problem. All fillers carry a small but real risk of skin necrosis if injected directly into local blood vessels.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for nasal tip

+1

There is a remote risk of interference with blood flow to the nasal tip, or the region between the eyebrows if fillers are injected in the bridge or tip, If this occurs, the skin may develop an ulceration followed by a permanent scar. Excellent technique may not prevent this, but using a thin, not thick filler, and being conservative wtihout overfilling are important aspects of minimizing the risk. I have performed, with excellent results, filling nasal tip depressions after Mohs micrographic surgery for skin cancer. However, treating a nose for cosmetic improvement is very different than improving a scar that exists after reconstructive surgery for a skin cancer removal. If a scar develops after treating an unscarred nose for cosmetic puroposes, then this complication will be more bothersome to the patient and physician!

Restlylane for nasal tip

+1

The answer is yes, it can, but the notes that others have posted about tip necrosis are a minor issue. In my opinion, the risk of tip skin necrosis is so low that fillers to the tip are reasonable options. The majority of studies to date describe radiesse for non surgical rhinoplasty, but fillers like restylane and juvederm also apply. And because restylane and juvederm are reversible, may be more straight forward.

The issue that I feel is more important tries to define what realistic improvements are achieveable. The fillers can add some diffuse fullness to a tip, but not the definition that patients often desire. Or, attempts to create more of that pointy tip that some patients describe (ie more definition) require volumes of filler that are less predictable. And an article by Toriumi describes the difficulty in removing radiesse if a patient quickly follows with rhinoplasty.

So in the end, I do use it in the tip, feel it is safe, and effectively adds tip volume. Definition is harder to promise.

Dorsal (bridge) augmentation works much more reliably as well with all the fillers.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Volume Enhancement of the Nose

+1

Restylane and other hyaluronic acid facial fillers can be effectively used in the nose provided that a knowledgeable plastic surgeon has assessed the vascularity and skin perfusion of the tip and dorsum of the nose. Further, it seems that you lack structural support of the nasal dorsum and Restylane cannot provide any structural support.

Nose tip and bridge are two areas to be cautious

+1

The risk of vascular compromise (from filler compressing blood vessels) is higher in these two areas. The nose tip in particular can be problematic if you have had previous rhinoplasty. It is not a "no", but rather a "caution" and be sure the doctor is an expert. It is a "no" for smokers.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Restylane can be injected into the nose

+1

Yes, Restylane, Perlane or Juvederm can be injected into the nasal tip (or any other part of the nose) to correct minor discrepancies in contour. It can also be used to improve the appearance of mild 'supra-tip' deformities where there is excessive fullness of the area above the nasal tip. The filler is injected into the subcutaneous tissue or deep dermis, and usually lasts up to year.

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Definitely, though Radiesse would be my choice

+1

I was asked this question in a filler workshop I was running in Vienna. Restylane as well as any of the HA fillers can be injected, though I prefer Radiesse over them since it's a sturdier material that can last longer. Indications for the filler should be present and not anyone can benefit from it.

Dubai Dermatologist

Restylane into the nose

+1

Restylane can be injected into the nose for minor deformities.  It can last for 6-12 months.  A more permanent correction would obviously be through a rhinoplasty.

Restylane in Nose Works Well

+1

From small depressions or irregularities Restylane can work well to fill up the defects and restore the shape of the nose. The best part is that if you don't like it then an injection of hyaluronidase can remove it in a few days.

regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon