Moderate Plus Profile Implants to Increase Breast Projection and Size?

I am 32 years old and have a 410 McGhan 240cc implants in situ, 11 base width. This increased me from 30A to 30D (I look like a 34B). I look quite flat chested in clothes especially and desire to look bigger. Will an exchange for Moderate Plus Round give me much of an increase in projection and size?

I do not want high profile as I do not want to look un-natural in upper pole. I like my current implant shape but they are just too small.

What sizes of implant in moderate plus would be possible? I am petite, narrow frame 5'5''.

See your plastic surgeon to discuss post operative results and possible surgical options

+2

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the surgical outcome following your breast augmentation procedure. You state that you are petite build with a narrow frame and stand 5’5”. McGhan 240 cc implants were utilized. Larger volume moderate profile or high profile implants may improve your results.

I would recommend that you return to your treating plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns in detail.

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants to Increase Projection

+2

For a patient who is 5'5" with a slight frame, depending on initial breast volume, I would probably start at 275cc sizers and go from there. Yes, moderate profile plus are good in that you will get more projection as you fill them. In addition Allergan implants tend to have more projection for the same volume as Mentor implants.

Another implant to consider might be a high profile implant. At a base width of 11cm and a small frame this might be the most appropriate implants for you. A low profile implant gives less projection than a moderate or high implant.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant profiles

+2

Hi!

The shape of your breasts is not determined primarily by the shape of the implants. It is determined by the tightness of your tissues. So I wouldn't worry too much about which profile you need.

You seem to want larger implants, and with a base of 11 cm., that means high profile.

Your surgeon should use disposable implant SIZERS during surgery to see exactly which size and profile are best for what you want. This takes the guees work out.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implant size

+2

It would depend on your chest wall dimensions. You may be able to go up to about 350cc or so in the moderate plus saline before a high profile implant would be more appropriate, based on the breast dimensions, and this would gain about 1 cup size.

On a person whose breasts are naturally very small, sometimes a high profile implant is a good choice and gives less of a flattened appearance.

Sofia K. Kirk, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Will A Mderate Plus Implant Increase Projection Of My Breasts

+1

While it's true that the moderate plus breast implants have slightly more projection than the moderate implants, I find the difference to be minimal.  In your case, I would definitely consider the high profile implants.  You didn't state whether you have saline or silicone implants, but in fact, with silicone implants, over time the upper pole becomes very thin and the greatest projection at the bottom.  Therefore, I think you would be best served by using silicone high profile implants to effect the projection you are trying to achieve.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Exchange of implants

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what would be the right choice for you to achieve your goals.  Good luck.

+1

I don't understand if you are currently a B or a D. However, on average, it will likekly take a 400-450cc implant to get you up to a D cUp.

It is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.