275cc Vs 350cc Breast Implants for a Definite C Cup?

I'm getting Breast Implants. I'm currently between a size 32A to B bra. 5'4", weigh 117 pounds, I want to be a decent C cup. Doctor has suggested 275cc moderate plus implants above muscle and said my base measurment should be approx 11.5 for each implant. I am thinking perhaps I should go 350cc high profile to ensure I get to a C cup as I would be very dissapointed if I only ended up with a large B. Would this size sound the better choice over the 275cc? Thank you.

Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant choices

+1

Do a baggy test to get a sense of the volume that will fit your desired bra accordingly. Then match the implant to your dimensions.

+1

. I would advise proceeeding with  a 350 in order to ensure a C cup but this is not a warrantly of results,

Breast implant sizes.

+1

Hi!

This is the most common type of question we answer.

1) Show your surgeon a picture of what you want to look like.

2) During surgery, your surgeon should put breast implant SIZERS into your breasts to see what size will give you a full C cup. Picking implant size in advance is just an educated guess.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

What's a "real" C cup?

+1

You asked a great question that a lot of breast implant patients are asking. First, the C cup needs to be better defined. The cup volume of a 32-C vs. 38-C are quite different. In fact, it's not always easy to find 32-C or 32-D cup bra. Based on your brief physical description, it appears that you want more volume and projection by considering 350cc high profile implant. With this choice, you are more likely to achieve a "augmented" look compared with 275cc moderate plus implant.

If this is what you want, then it's fine. If you wanted to have a more "natural" look, then consider the 275cc moderate plus. You did not mention whether the implant is saline or silicone but you did mention that implant will be placed above the muscle.

For saline implant above the muscle, you have to consider the possibility of rippling when you choose these implants for your body size. Another consideration is skin tone. If your breast skin is very tight then the larger implant will stretch the skin that much more.

There are a lot of issues when it comes to choosing implant size and shape. Make sure that you are completely comfortable with YOUR treatment plan between you and your surgeon.

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

I'd guess at 275 cc you'll be a B cup.

+1

The final cup size depends on your current size, the implant size, and the bra that you are calling a C. Bra cup size varies among manufacturers. Try on implants in a bra of the size you want to be. I suspect you'll be up at 330- to 360 cc or more. Just remember the bigger you go, the more they look like 'implants'.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

Hard to tell breast implant size without seeing you

+1

Choosing the right breast implant takes experience, a physical exam and a discussion with the potential patient. 275 cc is a small to moderate sized implant, but may work for you if you have a narrow chest diameter. A frequent complaint after breast augmentation is that the breasts were not made large enough, so discuss this with your surgeon at pre-op.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon