Breast Implant Size for Saggy 34C's to Achieve 34D's?

Do I need Breast lift again? Will Breast augmentation help keep the girls standing upright? I am considering Breast augmentation and lift. I had a lift 3 years ago, I was happy for a while now I want them fuller and higher.

I am 5'7" and 125 lbs. I currently wear a 34C and am looking to be a 34D, full D that is. I have an abundance of breast tissue but after breastfeeding my son, my skin is thinner/less supple. Any suggestions as to what type/size implants I'd need?

Breast Implant Size for Saggy 34C's to Achieve 34D's

+1

I am not sure by what you mean again. Do you currently have breast implants? Implants do not prevent sagging. They do restore fullness.

Breast lift with small breast implants should get you look you want.

+1

hi.

A revision breast lift (using the same scars) together with small breast implants(about 250 cc's) should give you fuller perky breasts.  We use round smooth walled moderate plus profile cohesive silicone gel implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Repeat breast lift

+1

AS we get older, our skin tends to lose elasticity. Putting larger breast implants in would only worsen the situation.  A breast lift may be an option but a good physical exam is warranted to assess whehter or not this is possible.

Breast Implant Size for Previous Breast Lift Patient

+1

First you must understand bra sizing. If you're a 32 then unless you gain a lot of weight and fat or muscle in your back then you will continue to be a 32. The number has to due with the circumference of your chest measured under the breasts. Next, the typical result of aging and breast feeding is that you will lose upper pole fullness and the breasts, as a whole, will descent down the chest wall. Since you had a breast lift before I suspect your nipples are in the right location compared to your breasts.

So the long and short of it is that a low profile implant will work the best. The volume will likely be in the 375-400cc range as you are tall as women standards go. The taller the patient the larger the implant they can carry off.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Implants to fix sagging breasts

+1

Depending on whether the breasts are "deflated" and could use more filling, or whether the skin is excess and could use some tightening will determine whether implants with or without lifting is needed. If you are looking for "perky" then consider smaller implants for the long term shape to be more effective against gravity. If you are OK with the volume but want better shape, consider a lift alone. Discuss with your surgeon the outlook for what happens in 5, 10 and 20 years after your surgery. Best wishes for a great result!

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

This should be determined at your consultation

+1

The decision about size and style implant can be best determined after examining you and having you size with implants. The larger the implant that you go with the more stress on your tissues.

I tell all of my patients honestly that the chance of you having another breast surgery in your lifetime certainly exists and we cannot predict when and for what.

Whether you need another lift depends on how lax your tissues are, where your nipple sits on your breasts, etc.

Discuss these concerns with your plastic surgeon to set your mind at ease.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Larger implants cause more drooping

+1

One of the problems with drooping breasts and putting in larger implants is that the implants will eventually cause more drooping, especially the larger the implants. The ideal is to do a lift with the same implants or smaller implants.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

"High and tight": the Holy Grail of Breast Implants

+1

After pregnancy and lactation, many women, like yourself, are left with relatively floppy breast tissue and skin. In evaluating the breasts, I measure the breasts and notice whether the implants have "dislocated" off the rib cage. If the implants have dropped "down and out", often suture repair or capsulorrhaphy is required to "trap" the implants on the front of the chest wall. There are some other techniques, which are in development, which include the use of biologic material, which "stabilizes" the implants, much like a hammock.

After providing "book ends" for the implants, I prefer implants which are textured, so that there is less chance for the implant to drop again. Textured implants are less popular in the US, however are widely used, abroad. In making a tight pocket and using textured implants, the idea is to prevent recurrent sag. The mastopexy techniques have improved significantly but the unifying principle is to use an implant, whose diameter approximates your chest wall.

Finally, post-op management is crucial to avoid relapses from the suture repair. I generally request that women avoid chest exercises for 6-8 weeks and wear a snug exercise bra, 24/7 for the same period of time. We don't recommend massage or displacement exercises until 2 months. I hope that this will help your decision making process. Remember you will sacrifice some mobility for stability but the "girls" will stand high and tight. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD