How Many Cc's of Breast Implants to Get D Cups?

I'm a 36A cup, 5'6" and want to be a large D or small DD. What cc's should I get? I weigh 145 pounds with a large frame?

Implant size does not always predict sup size

+2

Your question is one that we see at least twice a week on Real Self. The thing is, we are stuck with this inadequate language to describe breast size called the cup system, introduced by the Warner Bros. Corset Company in the 1930's, when social customs forbade a more accurate and direct measurement of the breast. The cup is determined as much by the size of the chest, the shape of the rib cage, and the bra manufacturer as much as the volume of the breast, not to mention trying to predict final size by adding the existing breast together with the implant. My suggestion is to ignore the cup and try on implant samples until you find the size that just looks and feels right.

How many cc's of breat implant for a D or DD cup

+1
Generally speaking it takes roughly 150-200 cc's of breast implant to increase a cup size. Thus, depending on your current cup size and breast size and shape you would need at least 450-500 cc breast implants to enlarge by 3 cup sizes.

However for a DD you will likely need even larger implants in the 500-600cc range. The problem with these larger 500-600cc size breast implants is that the risk of complications like capsular contraction increase. These very large implants also often do not look natural.

Consult a plastic surgeon and have a breast implant sizing system evaluation. Do not focus on cup size but focus on the look that you want in your body.

Web reference: http://www.bostonplasticsurgeryspecialists.com/services/breast-surgery/breast-augmentation/

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

One of the most important decisions facing breast augmentation patients is the size of breast implants that will be used. Most patients are striving for harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures. Typically, they want a natural look with some fullness in the upper breast area.

Most patients tend to speak in terms of cup size. Unfortunately, cup size is not always helpful because manufacturers of bras label their products differently and women don’t always wear their bras the same way. In other words, some women wear their bras snuggly, while others wear them loosely. This creates communication problems when talking cup size.

In an effort to determine breast size in a more objective manner, I utilize external silicone sizers and the Vectra 3D computer imaging system. These systems help patients visualize what their breasts will look like with a specific sized implant. Patients find this to be extremely helpful.

The ability to visualize your projected surgical result alleviates much of the anxiety associated with this procedure. It’s important to remember that final adjustments in the size of breast implants will ultimately be made in the operating room based on anatomic considerations. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Proper Implant Selection

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Getting to a D cup

+1

It is very easy to be confused by this measuring system. Cup sizes are only used as estimates for clothing. Although the measuring technique for determining cup size is precise, the results of these measurements are not. Let me give you an example; weight is a very accurate measurement. However two patients that weigh 120 lbs are not likely to look alike. The same is true with two patients that have C cup breasts. This is why physicians tend to use volume (cubic centimeters or cc) as a more accurate measurement. Note: If you are trying to figure out what breast implant size you want to obtain, you can try the szing tool available through b4bra.com or read the articles about measuring there.

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Depends on frame and tissue

+1

Hi,

It is difficult to say exactly how many cc's you would need to achieve a certain size without examining you. It all depends on your breast tissue and frame dimensions.

Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss this as well as any other questions you may have.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Breast implants and cup sizes

+1

Hi, everyone's already said this, but I'll say it again just to send the message home: as surgeons we cannot give a number of cc's to get you to a specific breast size. It depends on how much breast tissue you're starting with, and the width of your breasts. In addition, my idea of a D/DD may be different from yours, and bra manufacturers do vary in their sizing. For that reason, it may be helpful for you to take in a picture of a size that you have in mind when you have your consultation. Good luck, /nsn.

Breast Augmentation Sizing

+1

This is a very difficult question to answer without any photos and measurements. Everyone is different and you just cant say that a 475 cc implant will be a DD or a D cup in you or anyone else.

You need to go for the look you are going for rather a particular cup size. Besides you will go to one store and they will size you one way and go to another and they will size your differently. So trying to achieve a look is far more consistant that going after a cup size. Having said that you can play around with home made implants out of rice and stockings; I call it the Rice Test. You can learn how to do this on my website journal posts.

Good luck. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com

Breast implants and cup sizes.

+1

Hi!

1) First, I think you want to go too big. Very large breast implants stretch your skin, and age very badly. Most of our patients go up 2 cup sizes, and 3 cup sizes is the absolute maximum that I will do.

2) Implant size is determined by what you want, but also by the measurements of your chest and your breasts. The implants have to fit comfortably.

3) Show your surgeon a picture of the look you want.

4) Then, during surgery, your surgeon should place disposable implant SIZERS inside your breasts to see exactly what a particular implant looks like on you. Only then, the correct permanent implants are opened. This step is so important, because picking implant sizes in advance is just an educated guess.

5) If you want just a guess, I think around 400 cc's might be good for you.

Implants and cup size

+1

There is no one specific implant that will hit the nail on the head in terms of getting you into a D or DD cup.   This will be dependent a bit on your body habitus( weight and height).  The best thing to do is go for a consultation.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.