Are 350cc Breast Implants Too Big for Slender Frame?

I am a 36B and I'm going for a 350cc Breast implants.  Is that too big? I am slim, slender swimmer's body.

I'm not sure what what size implant to get. A 325cc or a 350cc? I want a very nice full natural look.  Any suggestions, comments or feedback? My surgery will be in 9 days and counting.

Try on sizers!

+1
Try on sizers.  You will be able to determine for yourself what is right for you .  Your perception of your body and what is right for you are very personal.  Someone else with the same body dimensions might choose a different implant. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria with implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Choosing breast implant size

+1

The use of sizers in your bra  preoperatively does not accurately correlate with the size of breasts achieved with sub muscular implants. I think that it is very important that you communicate clearly with your surgeon to maximize the chances of achieving your desired breast size.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.

I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Implant size

+1

A nice natural look is always the best way to go. It takes a good physical exam and discussion to nail down the size for each patient.  This may be just the right size for you, or it could be too big or too small depending on your body habitus.

Breast implant sizes.

+1

Hi!

That size range is reasonable for breast augmentation, but it really depends on the measurements of your chest and your breasts.

I recently had a swimmer in Manhattan tell me that her 300 cc breast implants increased her resistance and slowed her down in the water. So If you are a competitive swimmer, I would say get 200 cc implants, or don't have the surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

325cc vs 350cc Breast Implants on a Swimmers Body Type

+1

Once again I'm amazed at how many women have no concept of what size they need prior to surgery. Slim and slender don't necessarily go with the swimmers body as swimmers are usually bulky in the torso. So what must be considered is your height, weight, shoulder width, waist, hip width, buttock size and age (younger women can carry larger implants).

I use 325cc implants more than any other implant. This is more due to my patient population, 5'2" and 115lbs or less, than anything else. But recently I was amazed when a patient that was 5'4" and 117lbs looked proportionate and natural with 400cc implants.

So try on the sizers with a sports bra. There is very little difference between 325 and 350cc implants.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

You'll look great...

+1

with 350cc implants and 325cc implants. Your board certified plastic surgeon has taken your body measurements to determine a small range of implants to fit your needs. I personally use temporary implant sizers during the surgery to decide the best final volume to insert. Your surgeon may do the same. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

325 vs 350 cc implants

+1

If the base dimension of these implants fits you well, both will look nice on your frame. Best to revisit this issue with your doctor soon to be sure you are both on the same page before the surgery. There is very little difference between these two sizes so most patients will be happier going with the 350.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Nominal difference between the two

+1

I tend to encourage a patient who is having difficulty deciding between two close implant sizes to go with the larger of the 2 unless they are emphatic that they don't want to be too big.

I think you would find it is a nominal difference that you most likely would not be able to percieve.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

There is minimal difference

+1

The difference between 325 and 350 is minimal, about a shot glass volume. I would not agonize over that volume difference. "Once you are in the right neighborhood the house number is not that important"

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon