Juvederm for a Lyme Disease Patient Allergic to Penicillin?

I have Lyme Disease and I'm allergic to Penicillin. Would Juvederm be safe, or is there another filler I can consider?

Juvederm Is Ok If You Have Lyme Disease

+1

There is no increase in the incidence of side effects or allergies to Juvederm in patients with Lyme Disease or Penicillin allergy. However, if your Lyme disease is active you might want to get treated first and then think about doing any aesthetic procedures. The reason being that Lyme Disease patients can be under tremendous stress at times and any aesthetic procedure might add to that stress.

Regards

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm allergy

+1

It is rare to have an allergic reaction to Juvederm and Restylane. Lyme disease doesn't increase this risk. You should consult with the doctor treating your Lyme disease if you have any further concerns. Good luck.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Allergies to Juvederm are rare but possible

+1

Although allergies to Juvederm are quite rare, there are reported cases of allergy to the product. There is no relationship between an allergy to Juvederm and allergies to PCN.  I am also not aware of any relationship between Juvederm and Lyme's disease.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lyme Disease and juvederm

+1

I do not see why Juvederm would be contraindicated as a filler if you have Lyme Disease or a penicillin allergy. If you are concerned, I would consult with an Allergist.

No Conflict

+1

I can not see why there would be a problem. Juvederm is derived from the hyaluronic adic output of a strep bacteria, not related to the mold that produces penicillin. Similarly, I think Lyme Disease would not be relevant to Juvederm.

If you are still uneasy your physician can certainly place an inquiry with the medical director for Juveder.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Juvederm allergies

+1

I can't see why you would have a problem with Juvederm but what I do with any patient who is concerned is to do a small test on their arm like we used to do with collagen.  I charge them for the syringe and svae it for use after we see no reaction.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.