Can Juvederm Under the Eyes Be Surgically Removed?

I have extremely lumpy areas under the eyes (tear troughs) due to Juvederm disaster, and have been told that it is a dangerous place to dissolve. Can surgery solve this? It was injected deeply, but has grown more discolored and lumpier over time. How common is this problem? Is it being reported?

Juvederm under the eyes

+2

No need to have it surgically removed, infact it would be impossible to have it surgically removed. You have two options: 1) to wait it out as you know it will dissolve over time. 2) to have Hyaluronidase injected to dissolve the juvederm. This may cause more bruising but it will take care of the problem.

Good luck

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com

Was it really Juvederm injected or a different filler?

+2

Dear Mishka,

Certainly, all the HA fillers like Juvederm can be easily, quickly and safely removed with hyaluronidase. The area around the eye is an excellent area to use this technique. My concern is what you said about the material becoming more lumpy and discolored over time. Please check with your injecting doctor and make sure the material used was Juvederm. There are many tissue fillers and it is possible you received something other than Juvederm.

Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon

Surgery is NOT the option

+2

I have no idea who told you that dissolving HA filler like Juvederm was dangerous under the eye. Was it the same practicioner who incorrectly injected it? If they don't know how to inject, it does not surprise me they do not know the recommended method for correction.

I would see a board certified dermatologist, oculo-plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon familiar and expereinced with dermal fillers. They will know how to correct the problem. Hyaluronidase is safe and effective to dissolve unwanted filler. And yes, this problem with doctors not knowing what they are doing is reported everyday. As I always say: "It is not the filler (product) it is the Filler (doctor)." Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Hyaluronidase works best for removing Juvederm under your eyes

+2

Juvederm can be easily removed with an injection of a safe medication called Hyaluronidase. Hyaluronidase dissolves Juvederm. It should only take a few small injections and work immediately.

Juvederm will dissolve eventually on its own. However under the eyes it often lasts more than a year.

Hope this is helpful.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm under the eyes

+2

Juvederm under the eyes can be a problem. If there is too much injected, hyaluronidase can be injected into the region to dissolve the filler. It may lead to increased swelling for a while.

Removing Juvederm

+1

Your best bet is to get a small amount of hyaluronidase injected that will cause the Juvederm to be broken down and absorbed by your body quickly.

Web reference: http://RianMaercksMD.com

Too much Juvederm is easy to correct

+1

Hi Desi

Dysport and Botox weaken muscle. The little lines you are referring to are due to muscle activity and also from loss of fat volume. However, BOTOX and Dysport can cause unwanted muscle weakness which is a very bad thing around the mouth-think drooling soup. So the doses are very limited which means the effect is quite transient.

A much better approach is using a filler like Restylane to place a bead of filler along the vermillion edge of the lip. This helps iron out the lines, helps the horizontal width of the lips and avoids the trout lip look we all know too well. I practice in West Los Angeles, which is adjacent to the home of the "Adult Entertainment" movie industry. When "actresses" in this field come to see me, they are looking for a very distinctive fill of their lips. However, most women absolutely are not looking for this type of fill. Rest assured, it is possible to get subtle lip filling without looking like you work in the adult entertainment industry.

Instead safely remove Juvederm with hyaluronidase

+1

Mishka:

In contrast to what you were told, enzyme treatment of excessive or uneven hyaluronic acid filler (HA,Juvederm, Restylane, etc.) can be safe and effective. In fact one of the reasons that I recommend those fillers along the infra-orbital rim area is that subtraction is about like addition in that area. Fillers made of materials other than HA cannot be reduced as easily. I would advise against surgical excision in most circumstances. Seek the advice of an experienced physician board certified in plastic surgery, otolaryngology or dermatology.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase Great for Under Eye Juvederm Lumps

+1

Do not get the Juvederm removed surgically from under the eyes. Hyaluronidase is safe and effective in that area.  If your physician does not feel comfortable using hyalurondiase in that area then make a few phone calls to other physicians in the area and you will find somene who can help you.

regards

Web reference: http://http\

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting rid of Juvederm

+1

Juvederm can be easily removed from any area by a simple injection. I would not recommend surgery. It is not neccessary and can lead to scars.  

Oakland Dermatologist