Medications to Avoid While on Juvederm?

Are there any medications that might cause a bad reaction to Juvederm? I take allergy meds like Clarinex & Allegra D and have had to take quite a few aspirins as ragweed count is high in my area.

See the list below

+2

Blood thinners, such as: aspirin, Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, etc.) and other nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agents, vitamin E, garlic, ginko and ginseng supplements, Plavix, Coumadin, fish oils, etc. may cause more bruising and should be avoided if possible.

Juvederm Injections

+1

I am not aware of any medications that you should avoid with the exception of anti inflammatory agents which can increase the risk of bruising.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and medications

+1

The key thing to avoid prior to having fillers injected are blood thinners like Aspirin and anit-inflammatory agents.

Medications to avoid for Juvederm

+1

There are no contraindications to using allergy meds before your Juvederm treatment.

I usually advise patients to avoid anything that can cause a bruise prior to the treatment. These include aspirin, motrin, aleive, ibuprofen as well as natural supplements such as vitamin E, ginko, garlic, and ginseng.

Tomi L. Wall, MD
Oakland Dermatologist

Juvederm and Medication Adverse Drug Interactions

+1

Hi,

I am not aware of any medications to avoid that would cause an adverse reaction to Juvederm. Your allergy meds will not affect the Juvederm. We do advise most patients to stop aspirin, Advil, Motrin, and other blood thinning medications about 7 -10 days prior to treatment to minimize bruising.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD