Is 600cc to Big for Me? I Am Age 29, 5'5, 165lbs, 38B cup.

I am 29 years of age. I had 3 children very early and it took a toll on my body. Well, I am currently searching to get a tummy tuck done and an augmentation. I currently wear 38B and am concidering 600cc. I am 5'5" and weigh 165 lbs. Will that be too big for me?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Picking the right size implant.

+1

No one on this forum can answer this question truly, without examining you.  Photographs would be helpful as well.  As you embark upon taking the size I strongly encourage you to look at these implants in your doctor's office and put them inside a bra to see how they feel, and how they balance with your frame.

On some patients a 600 CC implant would be huge.  Other patients it might be appropriate depending upon their height, their shoulders, and their hips.

Good luck with your choosing.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

600cc

+1

Assuming that your size is indeed 38B, a 600cc implant will increase your breasts by 3 sizes. That means that you will end up being a 38DD.  Obviously , it is a very personal issue. You will have to decide if you are comfortable with such large size. I recommend to my patients to be full C or small D. In that case a 400cc imolant will be appropriate. Good luck.

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Are 600cc to big?

+2

Difficult to answer, 600cc implants are large and can put a strain on a woman's body, but if your measurements allow for that size of an implant and it is safe for you to have surgery and that is the size you desire and you are aware of the risks, the decision is between you and your surgeon, good luck!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+2
No one can comment on implant size accurately without a consultation. However, 600 cc iimplants are quite large and, as you mentioned a toll, then you may need a lift and adding implant volume will create more problems rather than solve the ones you already have. Best of luck.

600cc implants

+1
600cc implants are too large for most patients.  The average size is closer to 325cc.  Discussed your options with a board-certified plastic surgeon to make sure you choose wisely. Good luck.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

600cc implants

+1

600 cc implants are probably too much for most patients.  You may experience increased brest ptosis and complications with large implants.  Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

600 cc too big for 5' 5" & 165 lbs.

+1

No, not at all if you want to be that size. I just placed 2250 cc implants in a lady who is 4'11" and she wants to come back to add more saline as soon as the tissues relax. She came from out of state for this procedure. You probably have excess skin on your breasts from nursing 3 choldren and if it isn't filled up, you will need a breast lift also. Filling up the loose skin will save you the cost of a breast lift.  Lawrence Foster, MD, FACS, FICS

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

600cc implants may be a problem

+1

As stated below, nothing will replace an actual consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  However, having performed over 4,000 implants, I can impart some words of wisdom.  First, 600cc is a large implant for your frame.  Second, your risks of losing nipple sensation, capsular contracture, stretch marks, and wrinkling of the implant (whether it's silicone or saline) all increase as the size of the implant increases.  Third, you have an increased chance of having back or neck pain with such a large implant.  Fourth, the weight of this implant will also cause either bottoming out or drooping over time. 

Depending on the "look" you desire, you will have to decide if the increased immediate and long-term risks associated with a 600cc implant are worth it.  Seek out a plastic surgeon who will listen to your expectations and be straightforward with you regarding the risks and benefits.  Also, be sure you are confident that the surgeon you pick will be able to fix any complications that could arise after augmentation.  Hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.natural-lookingresults.com

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Are 600cc implants too big for me?

+1

Breast implants should be carefully chosen with your board certified plastic surgeon. It is importat that the implant "fits" well in your body. An experienced surgeon will take your chest and breast width into account when making this determination. There are four different profiles available for a 600cc implant. Also remember that a cup size is between 175-200cc. I like to use the Vectra 3D imaging system to allow my patients to visualize their results before having the procedure.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon