Breast Tissue Falling Away from Implants 5 Mos After Surgery. Any Way to Prevent Recurrence After Revision?

I had always had heavy sagging breasts...I got a lift/augmentation 5 months ago. The tissue is falling away from the implant already. I am not sure what it's called but the lift I had involved incisions around the nipple, down the breast and along the lower edge. It looked good at first. I am going for a revision in a couple of months, but i am worried about it happening again. Is there any way this could have been avoided? Is there anything I can do to help it not happen again?

Breast lift and implants

+1

I am not sure why you have the breast falling off the implant. Sometimes not enough of a lift is done, and sometimes the muscle is not released enough.  Hard to say without an exam.

Breast is falling over implant after breast lift

+1

If there is a lax skin envelope and the implant does not fit hand in glove there can be a disconnect or a poor marriage between the breast and implant. We find particularly after a full 'T' mastopexy or lift, and a submuscular implant, the breast might fall over the implant which is behind the muscle like a breast on a bump. A revision with subglandular placement might give a better breast.

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Results?

+1

Of all the breast surgery I perform, I find that the breast augmentation/lifting procedure can be the most challenging. On the one hand, we are increasing the breast  size with breast implants;  on the other hand, we are reducing the breast “envelope” in order to achieve a breast lift. These two “forces” must be balanced as perfectly as possible in order to achieve the desired results. Removing too much skin/ breast tissue is problematic;  removing too little breast skin/tissue can also be problematic.

To achieve  a surgical result where the breast implant and breast tissue “come together” and behave like a single breast is one of my goals but can be difficult to achieve.  Essentially, we are trying to create a breast implant/breast tissue interface that feels and behaves as naturally ( as a single unit)  as possible. Generally speaking, making sure that the breast implant has some sub muscular and some sub glandular component ( dual plane)  and tailoring the overlying skin/subcutaneous tissue/breast tissue as precisely as possible over the underlying breast implant is key.

I would suggest that you communicate your concerns clearly with your plastic surgeon;  hopefully you have done your due diligence and have selected a plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the results you are looking for.