600cc is to Big? Age 27, 5'3, 125, A Cup After Weight Loss?

I'm 27 and lost 45lbs I was 36C and now I'm 36A and I want my breast back. I went to a consultation and the dr said that I need 600cc to full the skin I'm 5'3" and my weight is 125 my frame is medium because I'm athletic. Thanks

Implant Sizing prior to Augmentation

+2

The sizing process prior to augmentation is very important.    As a plastic surgeon, we carefully consider your breast base diameter, skin pinch and various other measurements compared to your desired cup size and volume.     

Based on your body frame and desired goals, we will recommend a range of implants that meet your goals.   Occasionally, your goals cannot be reached based on your breast measurements.   It is at this point that your plastic surgeon can inform you of this.

I think in office sizing is a critical process to arriving at the appropriate implant selection.   It is often very educational to a patient to see what their desired implant size looks like in clothes and a fitted bra.   It is much better for them to realize this is not the right look prior to surgery, compared to after.

Dr. Gill

Implant size selection for you

+2

Dear Neysha:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Implant size as a number tells you little about how big and how small they will look on you. It depends on many factors.

+2

600cc seems like a big implant just because of the number "600", but how big they look on someone depends on so many different factors.  The most important factors include height and weight, amount of breast tissue, how firm the breast tissue is, characteristics of the skin, and width of your breast base diameter and the shape of your chest wall and rib cage.

With that said, there are certain bits of information that you provided that would steer me against recommending a 600cc implant.  You are 5'3" and 125 lbs.  You describe yourself as athletic.  600cc implants should look very large on someone of your height and your weight.  600cc implants on most women of your frame generally don't make them look athletic.  They do make you look very full though.  So, it all depends on your goals and how big you want to look ultimately.  Also, with a 45 lbs weight loss, your skin may be not as elastic and tight and so, the weight of 600cc implants may make your breasts sag over time.  Large implants that sag on a small framed woman can also make them look heavier.  

So in summary, 600cc may be too big, but I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon and be examined to see what implant range may give you the look that you want.

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Large Implant for Weight Loss Patient

+1

You have a common situation: too much skin and too little breast tissue causing deflated droopy breasts.  This condition can be addressed with a) a large implant, b) a breast lift requiring scars, or c) both, which usually means a smaller implant and minimal scars.  Most of my patients, athletic or otherwise are very unhappy with a large implant alone, especially if they are under 5'5".

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Implant size

+1

Recommending implant sizes for you depends on multiple factors.  Selecting an implant size is dependent on patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height) as well as patients' wishes.  It is hard to give you a recommendation without examining you. You should try some sizers and talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please remember that implant cc volume does not correlate with cup sizes. Also, try to look at pre and postop photos that reflect your body size and desired look.  Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Is 600cc's Too Big for Silicone Breast Implants?

+1

600cc's is likely too big for someone that is 5'3, 125 pounds. The size and shape of a woman's breasts can have a tremendous impact on her outcome. I would seek multiple opinions to see what would be best for you. Best of luck on your decision.

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Large #BreastImplants After Weight Loss

+1

It is impossible to tell you specific information without a photo or an exam, but a 600 cc implant is quite large. In addition, you should make sure that if you need a lift in relation to the breast position, do not try and use a larger implant to avoid the lift - you will only regret it. It is likely that a 600 cc implant will be much larger than a C in anyone your size. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

600cc implant size

+1

600cc implants with your height and weight sounds a bit large for your frame.  I would guess this surgeon is suggesting this large of a volume because you have loose skin (breast ptosis) due to the 45 lb weight loss.  I would caution you to be careful with trying to fill in a lot of loose skin with a large implant to avoid a lift because you will only end up with much larger saggy breasts in the end.  If in fact you do not need a lift but you want a really full breast then the size might work out for you.  To be sure I would need to examine you and take your breast measurements.  It sounds to me like you need a second (or third) opinion with other board certified plastic surgeons who do a lot of breast surgery to get a better opinion.  Good luck to you!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

600 cc implants

+1

600 cc implants are pretty large. Without an exam I could not say what would be good for you.  Good luck.