Breast Augmentation with Current Stretch Marks?

My first pregnancy left me with very bad stretch marks surrounding each of my breasts. I am currently an A cup and am interested in becoming a D. Im just curious if it is possible to remove the stretch marks or make them less noticeable. I am super self conscience about them.

Breast Augmentation with Current Stretch Marks

+1
Stretch marks are essentials scars in the skin, and are best addressed with excision which is not a good option for the breasts. The stretch marks especially on the upper pole may look better after augmentation, but there is no guarantee. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Stretch marks and the breast

+1

Unfortunately stretch marks are basically scars within the skin and the only definitive way to correct them is by excision which always results in a scar.  This is not usually practical on the breast, unless performing a breast lift and removing some skin in the lower half of the breast.  The stretch marks along the upper pole/cleavage area may be improved somewhat with the breast augmentation as they would be filled out more and look smoother.  There are some other minimally invasive techniques (lasers) available that advertise the ability to improve the visibility of stretch marks, but I would approach these with caution as the results are quite mixed.  Good luck!

Matthew H. Steele, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks and breast augmentation

+1

Stretch marks are created when the elastic fibers of the skin are stretched beyond their ability to contract.  In essence, they are little scars in the skin.  Since they are scars, there really isn't a good way to remove them other than to cut them out - not a practical approach with breast augmentation.  Filling out the skin with a breast implant may improve the appearance slightly but there is no guarantee that this will happen.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Treatment for Stretch Marks

+1

Sad to say, stretch marks are essentially a scar within the dermis.  This means there is no way to get rid of them.  However, with Breast Augmentation, the appearance may be more smooth, therefore less noticeable.  

Joseph C. Berardi, MD

Stretch marks and breast augmentation

+1

While breast augmentation surgery will not make your stretch marks disappear, it can improve their appearance significantly.  If the breast looks loose and saggy and deflated in appearance, the stretch marks tend to fold and appear "wrinkly".  When breast implants fill out the skin envelope of the breasts, the stretch marks get "filled out" also and so it looks less "wrinkly" and less noticeable.

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

There is no good safe, reliable, predictable, or cost effective treatment to permanently correct stretch marks.

+1

There is no good safe, reliable, predictable, or cost effective treatment to permanently correct stretch marks.  Don't be swayed by gimmicks.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help for you.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

Sorry to say there is nothing out there that will get rid of your stretch marks. Getting a breast augmentation will make your stretch marks more visible for a couple of months but with time they will fade.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Stretch Marks and Breast Augmentation

+1

Unfortunately, a stretch mark is basically a scar and cannot be removed. However, over time they will fade and become less visible. 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks do not go away

+1

Thank you for your question. A stretch mark is a tear in the under surface of the skin, almost identical to a scar. For that reason, stretch marks are permanent and will not go away with breast augmentation. They do seem to look somewhat better after breast augmentation as they they fill out a little and look less depressed.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

+1

You ask a very well thought out question that many patients fail to ask prior to surgery, then are upset in that they thought stretch marks would be gone after surgery. I have not had the experience in my practice that stretch marks go away on the breast. I do notice that as I add volume back to the breast and things stretch out the marks can become less noticeable, but rarely go away. You can still expect a great result and I am sure you will be happy once you treat yourself to rejuvenated breasts.

Richard J. Brown, MD