32A to Full C Cup- How many CCs?

I am 5ft,100lbs,size 32A.I went to consultations. The female Dr told me told get Moderate Plus 300cc or 325 cc to get to full Ccup yet still look natural. The male Dr told me to have High Profile 250 or 275cc, if try to push, could be 300 cc because of my petite size and because he think moderate pluss will spread to the side of my breast. Please give me some advice, thanks

Breast augmentation for petite frame

+4

Dear Skippy86,

Because you have such a small frame, 300cc-350cc high profile implants sound about right for you. I would also suggest you request sub muscular placement, as this will give you a more natural look and decrease your chances of developing capsular contractures. Pls. be aware that given your small frame, a surgeon can only place as big an implant as your tissues will allow, so size can never be guaranteed. Having said this, 300cc-350cc implants should not pose a problem. Best wishes, Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Selecting the right implant size

+3

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Selecting an implant size is dependent on patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height) as well as patients' wishes.  Although it is hard to give you a recommendation without examining you, based on your current height, weight, and bra size, I would recommend high profile 300-350cc.  You should try some sizers and talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please remember that implant cc volume does not correlate with cup sizes. Also, try to look at pre and postop photos that reflect your body size and desired look.

Sugene Kim, MD

32A to Full C Cup- How many CCs?

+3

Thanks for the posted series of photos. In my opinion based solely upon the photos I would recommend at least a 350 to 400 cc HP implant. 

Questions on appropriate implant size and style

+2

An exact size can't be recommended for you through internet communications. However, given your dimensions that you provided as well as the helpful photos, it is clear that a high profile implant would serve you best. However, realize that there is a tradeoff and that you won't truly have a "natural look" (which is true to some extent in breast augmentation in many women, depending on what they are starting with). A moderate plus profile implant will be too wide for in the sizes that you mentioned. It can look more natural but at far smaller sizes.

For best results, stick with silicone implants.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

I would suggest 300cc high profile

+2

We do not have the luxury of examining the breast tissue and feel the quality of the skin. I would think the 300 cc high profile would be OK. The bigger implant would causing too much tension.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2

the decision of high profile or mod profile is based on the width of your breast and the desired size you want to go to. if you base width is 12 cm for example, you should stay close to that diameter. high profile implants are made for narrow base diameter women who want to go larger. look on line for photos of women that start with your size breasts, and you like the results. most photos show size and type implant used, so that should help you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Picking the right implant for you

+2

Your question is the most commonly asked question from women seeking breast augmentation. 
I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  So try these implants in the office to pick which look you like the best.

Best of luck

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

How Many CC

+1
This is a very common question. Deciding on the implant size is the most difficult decision for women during the breast augmentation process.

First of all we tend to stress between implants sizes that are very similar. The difference of 30cc is very small and would be very difficult to notice (just for peace of mind). Also know that whatever size you decide on breast augmentation patients are typically extremely happy!

I do think it is very important that the breast implant fit your body. The benefit of this day and age is that the different profiles allow your surgeon to match your desired volume to your breast and desires. You don’t want an implant that is too wide or it can make patients look heavier then they truly are currently.

Spend time sizing with your surgeon. Trying implants on in the office gives you a realistic idea of what you will look like after surgery. Patients are typically a little bit smaller after the surgery then they appear when sizing implants. So if you are between to implant sizes I would consider going with the bigger implant.

You can also bring pictures to your surgeon so they can help guide you to what implant will help you achieve your goals. Also don’t get to fixated on a cup size, go with what looks good to you when sizing with the implants.

Spend time with your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your implant choices.

Try on sizers!

+1
I think you need to try sizers on and determine for yourself what volume you think looks best on you.  I think that high profile 360 would work.  The best way for you to pick is to see it on for yourself.

Gary Lawton, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

32A to full C cup - how many cc's?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD