32A to Full C Cup- How many CCs?

I am 5ft,100lbs,size 32A.I went to consultations. The female Dr told me told get Moderate Plus 300cc or 325 cc to get to full Ccup yet still look natural. The male Dr told me to have High Profile 250 or 275cc, if try to push, could be 300 cc because of my petite size and because he think moderate pluss will spread to the side of my breast. Please give me some advice, thanks

Selecting the right implant size

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Selecting an implant size is dependent on patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height) as well as patients' wishes.  Although it is hard to give you a recommendation without examining you, based on your current height, weight, and bra size, I would recommend high profile 300-350cc.  You should try some sizers and talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please remember that implant cc volume does not correlate with cup sizes. Also, try to look at pre and postop photos that reflect your body size and desired look.

32A to Full C Cup- How many CCs?

Thanks for the posted series of photos. In my opinion based solely upon the photos I would recommend at least a 350 to 400 cc HP implant. 

Breast augmentation for petite frame

Dear Skippy86,

Because you have such a small frame, 300cc-350cc high profile implants sound about right for you. I would also suggest you request sub muscular placement, as this will give you a more natural look and decrease your chances of developing capsular contractures. Pls. be aware that given your small frame, a surgeon can only place as big an implant as your tissues will allow, so size can never be guaranteed. Having said this, 300cc-350cc implants should not pose a problem. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Try on sizers!

I think you need to try sizers on and determine for yourself what volume you think looks best on you.  I think that high profile 360 would work.  The best way for you to pick is to see it on for yourself.

Questions on appropriate implant size and style

An exact size can't be recommended for you through internet communications. However, given your dimensions that you provided as well as the helpful photos, it is clear that a high profile implant would serve you best. However, realize that there is a tradeoff and that you won't truly have a "natural look" (which is true to some extent in breast augmentation in many women, depending on what they are starting with). A moderate plus profile implant will be too wide for in the sizes that you mentioned. It can look more natural but at far smaller sizes.

For best results, stick with silicone implants.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Breast augmentation

the decision of high profile or mod profile is based on the width of your breast and the desired size you want to go to. if you base width is 12 cm for example, you should stay close to that diameter. high profile implants are made for narrow base diameter women who want to go larger. look on line for photos of women that start with your size breasts, and you like the results. most photos show size and type implant used, so that should help you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Picking the right implant for you

Your question is the most commonly asked question from women seeking breast augmentation. 
I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning

2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  So try these implants in the office to pick which look you like the best.

Best of luck

Dr. Basu

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in a bit.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast Implant Size

Breast Implant Size is a combination of subjective and objective criteria. 300cc-325 cc high profile implants would seem appropriate for you. However, online consultants will not be able to guide you as well as surgeons who perform in person consultation.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Dimensional breast augmentation

I use a technique called dimensional breast augmentation which involves taking in a number of factors and measurements, so each patient is unique. That being said, given your height, weight, and your activity level, along with the fact you are considering a lift, I would say you are probably not that far off in choosing an implant in that range. Best thing to do is to see a qualified plastic surgeon that has good breast expertise.