Will 200cc, High Profile Implants on my 5'4", 114lbs. Frame Look Natural?

I'm 41 years old, my hight 5.4 weigh,114 Ibs. i want sth.little more natural! am planning to get 200cc,round, high profile,my surgery next week! still not decided should i go higher because i put 200cc looks normal!! Thanks

200cc Natural Looking Implants

+4

Natural is a relative term.  What I think looks natural may not to someone else.  I never think it's a bad idea to go smaller than larger so they will look good in the long run.  However, I will say that 200cc is a small implant. The smaller you go the more "natural" they will look.

Choosing implant volumes

+4

You don't want to start with the cc's of an implant and work backwards or use external sizers to guide the choice of implant as it is quite misleading. You want an implant that fits the width or your breast that can be easily measured and then choose the forward profile to increase by about a cup, cup and 1/2, or 2 cup sizes (high profile). This will fit, look natural, and increase your cup size by about 2 cup sizes although I agree with the response that a high profile and 2 cup size increase can look overly projected. The number of cc's is found by looking up the correct width of the implant under the column for high profile. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Natural look

+3

If you wear a size 34 or 36 bra then 200 cc corresponds to 1 cup size change.  If you are a 30 or 32 then 200 cc will correspond to 2 cup sizes.  If all you want is a small improvement of 1 or 2 cup sizes then depending on your bra size, it may be adequate and will look natural indepedent whether they are round or high profile.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

200 cc. implants will look normal.

+3

The size implants you have chosen will certainly look normal.  The lower the profile of the implant, the more natrural it looks, provided it is not too wide or especially too tall.  Increasing the volume increases the cup size.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

200cc HP implants will be too small and too narrow = very unnatural.

+3

At 5'4" and 114 lbs, you probably don't have very much of you own breast tissue, especially if you have had children. 200cc will add less than a cup size to your present volume, which may be all you want if you have tried on implants in a bra. However, you should understand that if 200cc looks good in a bra, it will look too small under your muscle, and your surgeon should add about 50cc (3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon) additional volume to give you the look you prefer. Thus,  250cc implants would be the proper ones to use.

But, NOT high profile. These are too narrow and will give you a wide unnatural cleavage!

170cc saline High Profile implants filled to 200cc are only 8.8cm wide. 190cc saline HP implants are 9.2cm wide. Your breast base is likely 13-15cm wide.

Silicone gel (cohesive) 200cc HP implants are 9.7cm wide--still much to narrow for a natural look with a normal cleavage!

250cc moderate profile silicone implants have a 12.3cm diameter--a significantly better match to what I am guessing your measurements should be close to, and a much more natural look with a not-too-wide cleavage.

So the biggest problem I see is not with your choice of size (as long as you allow your surgeon to add that 50cc more to compensate for the submuscular compression), but the choice of High Profile implants. At this size you should ask for moderate (the lowest and widest) profile available! Please review this with your surgeon so that you can minimize the heartache and expense of re-operation! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

200 cc implants

+3

If you are not sure of the size of implants you want, you may want to do a "baggy test" to see if they are the right size for you.  Then you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Should appear natural

+2

In your situation as you probably do not have much breast tissue, I would prefer a submuscular placement and I feel a 200 or 250 cc implant would look natural.Implants look smaller once they are placed beneath the muscle.However it is difficult to be sure unless one examines you and show you 3-D graphics.

Anup Dhir, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

High profile implants are narrow with increased projection.

+2

The answer to your question really depends on your measurements, specifically your breast base width diameter.

As a general rule, the High Profile implants do not look natural.  If you have sufficient base width, then a midrange moderate plus profile tends to have a more natural look.

That is about as much information as I can give without photos and without measurements. See two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for more information and sizing recommendations.

Good Luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

High profile Breast Augmentation

+2

I think breast augmentation with high profile implants often looks somewhat unnatural so I would seek consultation with your doctor about this.  200cc is somewhat small but can look appropriate with a small frame.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Natural Looking Breastw With Augment

+2

200 ccs is a very small implant, even with your frame and the high profile implants are referred to by my patients frequently as a  "Stripper" look. They rarely look like a natural breast. As Dr. Pousti says, this procedure is all about looks and without photos it is nearly impossible to give any individual advice.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD