One Breast Still Won't Drop 4 Months PO, Will It Ever?

I am 4 months out from a lift/ augmentation and my right implant refuses to drop. I am pretty sure the left one has because it is lower,softer and fuller at the bottom ( like I expected) but the right one is still high and hard. My surgeon gave me no instructions after the surgery ( compression bands,massage,etc.) and just said nature would take its course just don't wear an underwire bra for 6 weeks. I turn when I hug people hello bc it's so hard my children have even commented on it.

Breast wont drop after Breast Augmentation

+2

Dear Nikkilo,

By three months after Breast Augmentation most patients find that the Breast Implants have dropped to their normal natural position.

If at 4 months after your Breast Augmentation one Breast is higher and firmer then it is possible that you have a Capsular Contraction or scarring around the Breast Implant. The other possibility is that the higher implant was just not placed as low on your chest wall as was the implant on the other side.

You need to see your surgeon. Usually a Minor revision can be done to lower the high implant.

Hard implant concerning for capsular contracture

+1

Without seeing you in person, no one on this forum can give you the exact answer, but your story does sound concerning for a capsular contracture. Implant "dropping" or "settling" usually takes place in the first couple of months, and usually at the same rate for both breasts. However, a high and hard implant is not normal and you should schedule to see your plastic surgeon for an evaluation. Treatment varies from non-surgical massage or medications to reoperation with scar removal.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hard, asymmetric breast after breast augmentation/lift

+1

Implants can take 2-3 months to settle in their pockets.  Some times, left and right implant may settle at a different rate.  However, by 4th month, both implants should have settled.  It is concerning that one implant is soft; the other is hard and higher.  Most likely, you have developed capsular contracture on the right breast.  You should see your plastic surgeon to be evaluated.

Sugene Kim, MD

Proper healing after breast augmentation

+1
  The breast implants do settle somewhat after the surgery.  Typically they settle at the same rate.  In your particular case, it is unlikely that the other breast will settle as much as the first one.  You could very well have developed scar tissue around an implant. Please see your surgeon to get evaluated.  On occasion, there are some medications that help with this problem, but only if started at the earliest signs of scar formation.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

One breast having problems

+1

I think it is important for you to get re-evaluated by your surgeon.  At 4 months, the bresat shoudl be getting a bit softer, although sometimes one lags behind the other.

One breast is hard after augmentation

+1

The typical course of capsular contracture is a relatively soft implnat which over several months will become firm and round up in the breast. After four months it is unlikely that your implant will soften and come down. Because the firmness was present from the start it may be a pocket problem which needs a revision. In any case your surgeon should have a look.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

One breast wont drop after surgery 4 months ago

+1

It sounds like you may have developed a capsular contracture, if your breast is hard and wont drop.  I agree with Dr. Schuster, it likely will not drop, and may even worsen if it is indeed a capsular contracture.  I recommend that you make an appointment with your surgeon to be evaluated.  Good luck.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hard after 4 months, time to see the surgeon

+1

Nikkilo, sorry to hear about your problem.  Unfortunately I don't think you are going to like what I have to say.  If the implant is still hard and too high after 4 months it probably will not drop.  It sounds like you will need a capsulotomy to put the implant in its right position.  I would go back to your plastic surgeon and discuss what he/she plans to do for this problem since it is so soon after surgery.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon