Will 400CC Gives D Cup from A Cup?

Hi, I wanted what all information i need to provide so you will able to tell me "CCs" to convert me into D Cup . e.g. Height Weight Photos please help so i can provide those information.

A to D Cup with Breast Implants

+3

As you are aware, it is difficult to tell patients the exact cup size they will have after undergoing breast augmentation surgery. You can suggest a size range approximately but there is no concrete formula that a plastic surgeon can do to give you exactly a D cup. There are factors that are dependant on the size including but not limited to:

1. The amount of breast tissue that you start with

2. The shape of the implant that is being used. There are different "styles" of implant ranging from a low profile implant (which essentally is a wider set implant with less projection) to an extra high profile (which is a more narrow implant with maximum projection)

3. Your menstural cycle (this fluctuates breast size slightly)

4. Where you are buying your bras from

I hope this helps you and good luck

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Cup Size not the best indictor of breast size

+3

One of the most difficult jobs of a cosmetic surgeon is using the implant size that the patient will be happy with.  A 400 cc implant can give a patient a C to a DDD size depending on the starting size of the breasts.  Generally the 400 cc size implant in an A cup patient will give a C to a full C cup size.

Breast size

+2

400cc will give a different result on every patient.  I find it best to look at photos of patients with a similar result as to what you are wanting and then use a temporary sizer in the OR to see what gives that result.  I can usually estimate pretty closely what that will take in the office since I have done over 3000 breast augmentations but I will still use the temporary sizer in the OR to be sure.

Sincerely,

Gary Hall,MD

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Predicting cup size with implants

+2

Unfortunately there is no way to accurately predict your cup size before have breast implants.  In my practice we find it useful to have patients use breast implant sizers to help predict the appearance they can expect, but we never know the cup size till the patients actually purchase their new bras after surgery.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

D CUP

+2

Without a formal exam it is difficult to advise you on what implant size.  If you want best guess at size please send photos front and side views.  A breast history would be helpful as well as your height and weight.

Web reference: http://www.toddbkochmd.com

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Converting cup size from cc's

+2

There is no formula for conversion, particularly as cup size can vary from bra to bra. The best plan would be to schedule an appointment with a Board-certified plastic surgeon who can "size" you with breast implants. That way you can look in the mirror and immediately see what you are happiest with. This sizing method comes quite close.

Web reference: http://www.drshermak.com/breast-surgery-baltimore/breast-augmentation/

A cup to D cup

+2

I hate to promise my patients a cup size as it varies some much from store to store.  Victoria's secret seem to run bigger than a department store like Nordstroms.  Having said that a 400cc implant may just make you a C cup.

Try to get an implant that matches your BWD and based upon the small amount of information you have given pick and high profile.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Will 400CC Gives D Cup from A Cup

+2

We would want all of the stated data, as well as an idea of breast width-the width of the breast from the inner to outer aspect. I would add that there are no standard definitions of cup size and any answers you will get from this site will be guesses. Surgeons on this site who translate cc's to cup size increase will estimate 150-250 cc per cup size. Recall, though that a D cup on a 34 band is smaller than a D cup on a 36, larger than one on a 32. 

Cup size alone is not the most useful tool in planning implant size. Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm