4 Months Post-op?

Today I am 4 months post-op after rhinoplasty where I had by bones broken to straighten my nose. How strong are the bones at 4 months post op and how likely is it to bent/break them again by accident?

How strong are the nasal bones 4 months post-op?

+1

The bones will fully heal after 6 weeks. At 4 months post-op, the bones will be just as strong as they were before. It is not any more likely to break them by accident at this point than it would be on any other occasion. It is important to protect your nose when healing from a rhinoplasty, and avoid the following:

1) Contact sports for at least 6 months
2) Any other activities where there is risk of hitting the nose

It is generally important to avoid any activities where there is risk damaging the work performed by your surgeon. Thank you and I hope this helps.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

6 weeks post-surgery your bones and skin is as strong as ever before. You can hurt or break your nose if you have a hard impact. It’s not more sensitive since you had surgery on it. It is as strong as ever before.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS