375cc Vs 400 Cc and Switching from Saline to Silicone?

I had 300 cc saline implants filled to 325 in 2007 and have to redo due to deflation of one side. I was not happy with the size making me only a 34B/ small C. This time around I want more fullness and switching to silicone. Will 375 cc or 400 cc moderate plus give me the fullness that I want? I am 5'1 115 lbs. and was a small A before BA. I would like to end up with a full C/small D.

Saline to Silicone Implant Exchange

+3

Deflation of saline implants is a very common problem and switching from saline to silicone is a surgery I do often. However, Saline and Silicone implants behave and size very differently. Saline stands more proud or has much more projection that a similar size and profile of silicone. As such, I would always recommend a high profile silicone to replace any saline implant, and amazingly have to increase by at least 50% in volume. In fact I just took out 250cc Mentor Saline (base width was far too narrow) and replaced with a Allergan style 20 500cc HP implant in a very thin, fit, kick boxing instructor who was VERY concerned about being too large and she said the results exceeded her expectations. It made me look good, but in fact, all I did was select a proper width implant with projection similar to her saline device. I would caution against a  moderate plus profile and think a similar base width HP would look fantastic. I also find most saline have been placed completely submuscular in an attempt to conceal the inherent ripples of saline implants, but this can lead to durability issues with the breast fallling off the front of the implant and the breast ages/matures. I typically would reccomend switching to a dual plane placement when changing from saline to silicone for the most natural, most durable result.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Silicone gel retro-pectoral

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  A 300 cc implant would make you a size C.  If C is too small you may want a 400 cc implant and become a D.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  The profile of the implant is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the implants are compressed by the pectoralis major muscle.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Predictions about breast size after augmentation are difficult.

+1

The volume of the native breast tissue, stature the patient, and the type of implant that's placed all have bearing on the final size of the breast after augmentation. It's impossible to comment with this information on your particular situation. With pictures to breast sizers this is something you can work out with your plastic surgeon.

375 cc Vs 400 cc and Switching from Saline to Silicone?

+1

For a one cup size change, you may need 150 cc added to your current size.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

It exsists now high projection implants with less volume and weight simulates biggers boobs

+1

i would  suggest to you put an anatomical form, high cohesivity with projection 5-6, texturized 320 cc located on subfascial site it would look like 400 cc and seize  like a c-d

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Changing from saline to gel implants

+1

Without an examination it is not possible to give you an estimate of an appropriate breast size.  In general  every 150 cc of implant volume will take you up one cup size.  Also size for size a gel implant will look smaller than a saline.  This is due to the structural difference in the shell construction.  So you may want to edge toward the 400 cc size gel.  

Saline vs. Silicone

+1

Generally when silicone implants are placed in the body and especially behind the muscle, they appear about 10% smaller than the saline. So to get a similar size as what you had, you will probably need an implant in the 375 range. If you want more fullness  and fuller appearing breasts, I would recommend a high profile implant closer to the 500 cc range to give you the fullness you want. Going with a high profile keeps the same width so it doesn't make you look busty but will give you a fullness, especially at the top.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

Switching from Saline to Silicone?

+1

Thank you for your question.  When I switch from saline implants to silicone, I usually try to go with a bigger implant if the patient is happy with the size.  This is because saline implants are firmer and project more (can't be compressed as much).  If you are currently a B/small C and want to go to full C/ D cup, I would recommend going to a high profile silicone implant.  A moderate plus silicone will give you about the same or maybe less projection that you currently have.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Silicone implants look smaller than saline given same volume

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is hard to answer this without knowing your breast's dimensions and tissue characteristics.  There are a few things to note.  One is that silicone implants, because they are more compressible, look smaller than saline.  So if one has a saline implant that is 250cc and a silicone implant that is 250cc, generally the saline implant will appear bigger.  Second, we do not know the projection of your current implants.  How much increased projection you may or may not have with the new implants will also influence how full the implants appear.  The tightness/looseness of your tissues will also impact how the implant looks.  In general I would say that switching from 325cc saline to 375cc silicone, you probably not see an appreciable difference.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to review this in detail with you and give you a good idea as to what degree of change you can expect.  Hope this helps.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Switching

+1

Good afternoon!

These questions are always difficult to answer without an exam, but somewhere in the 400cc range should give you the results you are looking for.

Cup sizes are all so subjective- you may wear a C at Victoria Secret, but a small B at Wal Mart or Macy's- each manufacturer has their won sizing system- it is not standardized.

Robert Steely, MD