I Think I Can Feel my Breast Implant at the Bottom of my Boob Just Below my Incision?

I think I can feel my breast implant at the bottom of my boob just below my incision.. It has almost a crinkle feeling, just very lightly. I'm 14 days out and the are cohesive gel 397cc. 5'6 140lbs

Palpable implant

+2

Thanks for your question. It is very common to be able to palpate the implant in the lower part of the breast. Since the muscle was released there is less thickness there and you can often feel the edge. You should verify this with your plastic surgeon. Best of Luck!

Feel Breast Implant At Base of Breast after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Yes, it is possible that you are feeling the breast implant at the base of the breasts. This area, as well as the lateral (outside) breasts are the areas where women are most likely to feel or see the breast implants.  This occurs because there is little to no muscle or soft tissue coverage in these areas.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in a better position to advise you precisely.  Hopefully, the breast implants will remain in relatively good position and you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Most can feel breast implants

+2

Women can detect very small lumps in the breast on self exam, and indeed most women can feel their breast implant, especially on the lower edge or to the side of the breast. Cohesive gel implants can have a slight ripple or a fold, the crinkle feeling, just like a saline as neither are perfect. If your breast looks well ignore what you can feel.

+1

At the level of the incision the implant has the least amount of soft tissue coverage, and it is quite common for women to be able to feel the lower pole of the implant. As surgeon, I can feel the implant pretty much all the time at the fold. You can also feel breast tissue easily at the fold in women without implants.

Best wishes for an uneventful recovery. Thanks for your question. 

Am I Feeling My Implants?

+1

Thanks for your question.  It is common for women to feel their implants toward the bottom or outer sides of their breasts.  This is simply because there is not much muscle or tissue coverage in that area so there is a chance you can feel or see the edge of the implant.  If the rippling is visible, follow up with your surgeon and he/she can show you what you are actually feeling and also go over options such as fat grafting to try to camouflage the rippling.  Best of luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Implant palpability along the lower pole

+1

Yes, you probably can feel your implant in the lower pole.  Most people do  not have alot of soft tissue coverage in this area and it is very common.

Palpable Implant

+1

Implant folds can be felt at the inferior portion of the breast.  In a thin patient with little breast tissue, the folds may be palpable at many areas on the breast.