Small Frame with Silicone High Profile 275cc, 280cc, 300cc?

I am 4'11 95lbs and currently a 30AA/small padded 32A. I want to be a C but do not want to go any large in fears of making me looking shorter and heavier. I have searched many before and after pictures and the ranges of size used on these patients are throwing me off. I have seen the flat A to C from anywear from 239-325. I understand in person consultations are best, but please let me know if this helps.

Implant Selection Process

+2

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Small Frame with Silicone Implants? #breastimplants

+2

In my opinion sizing a patient for imlants can be simplified. Sizing is not about a number. In fact, I do not even discuss numbers with my patients. If a patient walks through the door and says they want x-cc implants I have to educate them about how sizing works. The best analogy I can relate this to is buying shoes. When you go to buy shoes how do you do that? First you start with the size your foot is right? So if your foot is a 6.5 you try on all kinds of 6.5 size shoes. Some may be tall, some might be flat, and some might be somewhere in between. You would never try to buy a size 8 shoe because it would be too big for your foot right? Breast sizing is the exact same way. Implants come in several different profiles that are like different heights of shoes. Implants can be low profile, moderate profile, or high profile. There are even implants that are higher than high. That would be your high platform shoe. Each implant style give you a different look. Now, your breast has a defined width that we call the base diameter of the breast. This would be analogous to the show size. Your breast base diameter never changes. It is what it is. So now, you can choose several different style of implants that fit the number of your breast base diameter. That really narrows down what implant is best for you. So once you know your breast base diameter you can try the low, moderate, high or really high implants on. The only think you have to decide is which look you are going for. You would never put an implant that is 13 centimeters wide in a patient whose base diameter is 10 centimeters. Half the implant would be in the armpit. So, this is very simple to me. My patients get a few choices that fit their breast and that is it. I will not put an implant in a patient that is too wide for their body because it will harm them over time. Hope this helps.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

Choosing the best implant size for you involves a combination of your goals for your breast augmentation and your current breast size.  In consultation with your surgeon you will be able to try various size implants to find a size range that will accomplish your enlargement result.  Once a volume size has been determined your surgeon can recommend an implant type that has the measurements to fit your current breast and chest.  This will allow your surgeon to provide an implant that apropriately fits your body and provides the enlargement volume you desire.  I hope this information is helpful,.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

+1

Hello, to achieve the size c cup you want the implants that be placed are 350 cc super high-profile. Of course it will depend on your breast condition. It is necessary to evaluate you in person to see if it is possible

Yvelise Bello Paredes, MD

+1

For an average sized woman, 200 cc may be one cup size.  For a smaller woman, this is probably closer to 150 cc per cup size.  Thus, two cup sizes would be 300 cc.  So you are probably in the right range.  Trying sizers in the office is probably the best approach.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Small frame augmentation

+1

I think 250-325 is the right ballpark for what you are seeking. The exact profile might be either moderate plus or high, depending upon your dimensions and goals. Discuss your goals with your surgeon. Often, sizers will be used at the time of surgery which helps with the final determination. Go for it.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Choosing the Right Implant Size

+1

It would be great if a plastic surgeon could tell you what size would be ideal just from your description and photo.  However there are many things that go into making this decision and it can only be done correctly in person.

Most plastic surgeons have a sizing system.  I personally use the Mentor system but the brand doesn't really matter.  You bring a bra of the size you would like to be and then stuff your bra with one of the different sizers until you are satisfied.  That gives you an idea of what size implant is appropriate.  You then have a good starting point.  Your surgeon will then discuss the profile of the implant (some stand out more, other's are wider) and how it will be placed.  You may need a slightly different implant for each breast.

Call a board certified plastic surgeon.  All of us will be happy to take the time and help you make a well informed decision.  Good luck to you.

Al Rosenthal, MD

What Size is Best?

+1

This should be discussed with your Plastic Surgeon. Try on sizers in the office to see what looks good, then discuss these concerns and expectations with your surgeon.  Good luck to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Implant size is chosen only AFTER in-person consultation!

+1

As other have stated, personal examination is critical, as each of us may make our measurements of your breast anatomy slightly differently, but have made our surgical decision-making in line with out own particular way of assessing things. Experience plays a role here, as ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who have years of experience doing well over 100 breast augmentations per year have a high degree of expertise, and will usually have a better track record than even a well-trained colleague who only does a few dozen breast augmentations a year.

One thing that has only been obliquely addressed in some of the answers is the choice of profile. Smaller implants in the size range you are considering will have a narrow, high projection (as others have said, 15cc = one tablespoon, an undetectable difference--so let's just assume 300cc implants are the "perfect" size for you).

Mentor smooth round silicone 300cc implants (HIGH PROFILE) have a diameter of 11.1cm, which is pretty narrow. Allergan Natrelle smooth round silicone 300cc HIGH PROFILE implants are even narrower (10.9cm). Slightly smaller implants will be narrower still!  If you have a wider breast base dimension than is appropriate for these implants, you will have an unnaturally wide and unattractive cleavage and a "fake" Baywatch coconut look; perhaps moderate plus profile implants may be a better choice.

You are petite, however, so this may indeed be the profile for you. The point I am trying to make is that you do not choose size and profile based on surgeon's "preference" or "habit" or even that you might have "heard" that HP  implants look this way or that--you should choose desired size first, and if that fits your anatomy, then profile is selected to "fit" your breast base dimension so you don't end up with wide gaping "Grand Canyon" cleavage!

This is, of course, why you should select ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breast surgery! For more information, click on the web reference link below for my Comprehensive Guide to Breast Augmentation. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

What size is best?

+1

You can have exactly the fullness you want but not by picking a cc size. You need to try on sizers at your consultation and choose the "look" you want then let the doctor choose the implant required to deliver that "look". Some patients change their mind after the surgery. Most that wish they had a different size, wish they were bigger.              Dr. Foster  

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon