I'm 5'8 and 140 Lbs, What's my Ideal Breast Size?

I'm having my BA in a month, and I still can't decide about size. My doctor told me my breasts are 170cc, so Im a 34A. I would like to know whats the ideal amount of cc according to my weight and height. My doctor told me 380cc is ok, but I'm afraid it will be too big. I only want to get a 34C or something.

Ideal Breast Implant Size

+2

You need to try on different implant sizers to best determine what you like and don't like. Additionally, your PS may offer VECTRA 3D imaging to aide in the sizing process. In my own opinion, which may differ from other surgeons, is that 380cc may be on the small size for you. I only say that (I prefer my patients go smaller than larger) I've done enough of these to tell you I hear more often than not "I wish I was bigger." Again, try on implant sizers and you decide what you like and feel comfortable with. I allow all my patients to choose their size as they have to love them when it's all said and done. 

+2

I think the best thing to do is to try sizers in the office to get a sense of how the added volume will affect your appearance.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentation procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sizing breast implants

+2

My first recommendation would be to share this concern with your doctor so together you can choose a size that is right for you.  According to your comment, your doctor recommended you use 380cc when you already have 170cc, at the end you'll have a C cup. I like to have my breast augmentation patients try the implant on in front of the mirror with a tight top on, that way they can get a good idea of the size that is best for them. Best wishes.

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Best size

+2

I believe it is about listening to patients, reviewing guide photographs, and emphasizing proportionality.  I also utilize the vectra system, which helps patients visualize on their body what they have in mind.

David A. Lickstein, MD

What's

+2

Hi,   Measure the largest circumference around your hips with a tape measure. Then place the tape around your chest and the breasts should fill the same circumference. Whatever it takes to fill up that space is your ideal size if you want an hour glass figure. It'll make your waist look smaller and even make your hips look smaller. Dr. Foster  Lake Tahoe Plastic Surgery

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Picking a breast implant size

+2

It would be nice to have a little more information about your breast dimensions when determining breast implant size.  But at 5'8" and 140 pounds, I would imaging your breast base diameter is in the 12.5 cm range.   In this case an implant in the 339 to 371 cc range should place you into a C cup range.  Spend some time discussing your expectations with your plastic surgeon.  Your job is to show him what you want.  Photographs of your ideal breast shape can be very helpful.   

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

What is the ideal breast size?

+2

There is none as everyone has a different idea of what ideal is.  Best to use external sizers to ensure you will be comfortable with the increased volume so you don't go 'too big'. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Ideal breast size

+2

There is no ideal breast size.  Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.  I strongly recommend that you try the breast implants on in the office before your surgery so that you can make sure the size is perfect in your eyes!  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Implant selection

+2

Choosing the right implant for you requires an in-office evaluation.  It is impossible to suggest the best for you without that.  Implants will look different on different people because of anatomical variations. Good luck.