Why Am I Bleeding Around my Pain Pump?

On my left side?

Bleeding around Pain Pump Catheter?

+1

Most commonly, drainage around a pain pump is not a cause for concern. However, this drainage may also be a  signed of a complication ( post operative bleeding). Therefore, best to run your questions/concerns by your plastic surgeon.

Bleeding after surgery

+1

Without a picture, I cannot comment on your situation.  In general, if you have any bleeding concerns post op you should contact your surgeon sooner rather than later.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Ooze around pain pumps

+1

do occur frequently.  As the pumps are in for only a day or two, best to simply change dressings over it  to keep from dripping.  If you are bleeding and clotting, you need to see your doctor if it does not stop.

Curtis Wong, MD

Drainage around a pain pump tube

+1

Sometimes a tube, either a drainage tube or pain pump tube, can act like a wick and fluid can drain around the tube opening.  This in and of itself is not of great concern.  If it continues then you should notify your surgeon as soon as possible.  Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to understand your surgery and treat any possible complications.  

Pain pump and bleeding?

+1

WIthout more information it is difficult to respond to this, but in general some blood may be apparent were the pain pump exits the skin.

Why Am I Bleeding Around my Pain Pump?

+1

Not enough info to answer this one. Call your surgeon for instructions. All the best.