Sagging Eyelid Skin (Age 26)

Hi, I'm Only 26 but Have Sagging Eyelid Skin. How Would I Restore It to Its Original Form? Through college, I developed this bad habit of squeezing/pulling my pores and now the skin around my eyes is wrinkly and my eyelid skin is saggier. How would I go about restoring its original elasticity and firmness?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery in 26 year-old

+1

Hi Rancho Cucamonga,

Generally, 26 is too young for any eyelid cosmetic surgery, including the eyebrow. Other nonsurgical aesthetic options to improve one's facial appearance at this age include such treatments as skin care, Botox, laser, light peels, or tretinoin.

Some younger patients may have a genetic predisposition of sagging skin or lower eyelid bags. Plastic surgery may be possible in these younger patients. However, cosmetic surgery may not be the first option. Other conditions may also contribute to the undesired appearance of the lower eyelid area, including allergies and thyroid condition.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon can he/she help determine appropriate options for you. Age is one factor among many to determine if a patient is a candidate for cosmetic surgery. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/eyelid-surgery.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging eyelid skin

+1

There is no way to restore elasticity and firmness to the skin around the eyes. Retin-A cream has been scientifically proven and FDA approved for helping fine lines.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Sagging Eyelid Skin (Age 26)

+1

This does occur in your age group. Possible causes are genetics, or other anatomic issues than heavy upper eyelids, like a brow ptosis. You did not post photos so my recommendation is to see in person 3 boarded surgeons in your area. This will allow you to better understand the cause and possible treatments/surgery for your issues. Best of luck. 

Blepharoplsty solution for 26 year old

+1

My wife also had saggy eyelid skin when she was young. I used to have a photo of her on my piano when she was a teen with very full upper eyelids. The appearance of the upper eyelids at your age is probably due to genetics, not aging. The solution is the same and is usually a surgical solution. Take a look at my wife's surgical steps: minutes, 2 days, 5 days and 3 weeks after eyelid surgery on my website by searching 'surgical steps'.

This can be done under local anesthesia and with minimal bruising.

Dr. Weiss
Newport Beach, CA

Weiss Cosmetic and Laser Procedures

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.