Medi-Cal Acceptance? (For Ptosis)

Do most oculoplastic surgeons accept Medi-Cal when approved? I think I am covered under medi-cal, do I need to get tested under the oculoplastic surgeon or under any general ophtamologist? how long does the approval process take?

Ptosis and MediCal

+1

If your lids are covering your pupils, this would be a covered procedure.  The problem is finding a physician that would accept M-Cal as payment as it can be a challenging procedure to produce perfect results.  If you are patient, you should be able to find a provider to do this corrective procedure for you.

A University Teaching Hospital Is a Good Choice for You

+1

Suggest contacting the nearest medical school department of ophthalmology and ask for a consultation in the ophthalmic plastic surgery department. UCLA and USC have very active ophthalmic plastic surgery programs and you will be wise to see those superspecialists.

If indeed they feel that surgery can help you, they will help make all the arrangements for you.

Don't worry, no one goes without help.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Web reference: http://robertkotlermd.com

Medi-cal pays so very little that many doctors can't accept it.

+1
However, if you are a resident of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles County Hospitals do accept Medi-Cal. These hospitals are well staffed and have the subspecialty care you need. Although the setting is not posh, you will get excellent medical attention.

Web reference: Http://www.lidlift.com