I am 16 years old and I want a nose job. What will be the cost, what should I expect and any surgeons in Texas?

Christmas is coming up, I was thinking about asking for a nose job. I would say my nose isn't too bad, I like the front view but then my side view is what I dislike. I have a bump on my bridge and I feel that if my nose were to he lifted just a bit it would be fixed! (I've lifted with my finger just imagining what it would look like). Would my private insurance cover some of the cost? Or are there any alternatives like Botox/fillers or nasal implants? Thanks!

+2

For what you want, a rhinoplasty will be the choice over fillers. Insurance will not cover this cosmetic procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty in Texas

+2

You should definitely meet with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss your options. The price varies from place to place. One amazing surgeon in the Dallas area is Brad Bader. I would strongly recommend meeting with him if you are considering surgery.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery can help improve the issues you describe. Insurance may cover some or all of any functional part of surgery, such as the repair of a deviated septum where the breathing is improved. Cosmetic improvements are generally billed separately, and will not be covered by insurance. Surgery is the best option for making the improvements you describe. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD