28 Yr. Old White Female Hump Nose W/ Droopy Tip - Worcester, MA

I was hesitant to write this but after going...

I was hesitant to write this but after going through the journey, I hope I can inspire others thinking about rhinoplasty. I experienced trauma to my face twice--first at birth when I was literally born face first (had a huge bump on my head and face was totally squished) and second when I was 6 years old in a bumper cart accident. I was not wearing a seat-belt and smashed my face against the hard plastic dashboard, as my older cousin drove into another bumper cart full force.
Unlike the rest of my beautiful family, I was the only one with a strange looking nose. It curved to the right, had no support at the tip and drooped and had a hump on the bridge. After years of research and consideration, I finally pulled the trigger on March 1st and now 8 days post-op, I am THRILLED TO HAVE DONE SO.

Lessons learned:
1) Do your homework. It's so important to find a surgeon you like and feel comfortable with. I first met my surgeon, Dr. Bentkover, 4 years ago. I wasn't ready at the time and continued my search. Finally, I met with him again at the end of 2015 and felt that out of all the surgeons in the Boston area, he had the best skills, experience, sensibility, and confidence.
2) Make sure you're in a good place. Mentally, I was prepared because I reached a point in my life where I was ready to go through with the procedure. I am engaged to the love of my life, who gave me tremendous support. My mother and other family members supported my decision along with my friends. I could afford to take time off to heal and am financially stable.
3) Set realistic expectations. Really talk with your surgeon, with your friends, family, etc. about what an ideal nose should look like. I personally wanted a similar nose to my mother's and grandmother's. I just wanted the nose I felt I was born with before it was broken.

Before and After Photos

Wanted to share the before and after photos--the before ones are not the best because they are candid so I will post some professional before side profile views once I get them from Dr. Bentkover.

After photos showing progress from day of to splint removal!

This is truly amazing. My bruising was not terrible like some photos I have seen. I drank pineapple juice every morning for 10 days before surgery AND took bromelain. I cut out any vitamin e and drank a ton of water. I truly prepped for the surgery.

Day 1 After Surgery

Day 8 Post Op

Day 10 Post Op

profile and front view after 2.5 weeks of surgery

3 Weeks post op

My smile is finally 90% back and my bruising is completely gone. Tip is still quite swollen.

Almost 7 weeks post op

It just gets better and better. Feels less stiff and less sensitive to touch.

7 weeks post

profile 7 weeks post

3 Months Post Op

My nose is starting to feel significantly less stiff and less sore to the touch. Swelling has gone down significantly but there are mornings where it's still a bit swollen.
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Bentkover has almost 40 years of experience!! For me, personally, this was very comforting because he has seen and experienced it all. I felt confident that when it came to facial surgery, Dr. Bentkover as a specialized facial plastic surgeon, would provide the expertise and results desired. He also has performed thousands of rhinoplasties in his life and truly knows what he is doing. Dr. Bentkover and his RN wife, Nancy, are the type of people you can trust. He is honest, straightforward, and truly has your best interest in mind. I drove myself a bit crazy obsessing over what had to be done and looking back, I should have just said "Please fix my nose and make it pretty." It's only been 8 days post-surgery and I'm super super happy.