Nose reconstruction from Cancer with incredible results!

Facial Reconstructive Surgery

Doctor Review

12 Oct 2016
Updated 1 day ago

Nose reconstruction from Cancer with incredible results!

My journey started in 2008 at age 40 with diagnosis of a large malignant tumor on the right side of my nose. The 'large Seattle institutional hospitals' did a great job of saving my life with surgical excision of the tumor, but left a large hole in the center of my face, and half of a nose. Reconstruction included a forehead flap, cartilage and other grafting to put me back together; however the result after 6 surgeries was still very crude. One side of my nose had tissue and structure, but no shape or nostril. They had done all they could do. I looked extensively for a facial plastic surgeon with the ability to help me to get to a point that I felt whole again and didn't feel like every new person I met was wondering 'what happened to that guy?' Then I found Dr. Ridgway. After meeting with him several times and doing my research, I knew he was the doctor I had been looking for. He suggested another flap from the cheek area to get the tissue in place to complete the reconstruction. He answered every question I had and explained every detail (my previous experience was the complete opposite of that). Three surgeries over two years later, the results are incredible. I feel whole again, and couldn't be happier. Dr. Ridgway is a not only an incredible facial plastic surgeon, but a true artist who understands symmetry, proportion etc. I hope I never have to go through any of this again, but if I do, I know who I will be using from start to finish.