I Don't Know How to Feel About my Septorhinoplasty. - New York, NY

I always hated my nose and it also made me feel...

I always hated my nose and it also made me feel insecure about my looks. I went to see a Ent doctor because I couldn't breath through my left side. He told me the best procedure for me is a septorhinoplasty due to my deviated septum,dorsal hump,crooked nose and bulbous tip. The procedure was ok but I got very sick right after. I think I vomited blood at least 10 times that day. Anyways, it's been really hard dealing with the healing process. I look at my nose and take photos and I feel like I don't see a difference from before and now. In two days I make 2 months post op and I still feel it looks crooked. I might need to get a revision. I would love to know your opinions?

2 months

It looks very swollen especially at the tip and I'm experiencing pressure on the bridge of my nose.

Post op 2 months and 5 days

I'm starting to feel a lot of pressure on my nose. It feels like somebody hit me in the nose and it gives me a really bad headache.

2 months

Before and after.

Dealing with uneven swelling

3 months post op

I cant believe it's been three months already. I'm happy I did the surgery but the waiting process to see the final results is really hard. Everytime I see something I don't like I get sad. I just try to remind myself it's a better nose than the old one and it's never going to be perfect. I still feel pain in my nose and it gets stuffy really fast. I also notice that in some pictures depending on the light my nose looks pretty bad. Overall, I am ok with the nose for now I just hope it gets better.

Different lighting

Almost 4 months

I am noticing a dent on the bridge of my nose. Many of my friends say they can see the dent and that at times it looks like a bruise around it.

My bridge still kinda looks crooked.

4 months post op

I cant believe it's going to be 5 months already.My new nose is an improvement from my old nose. My tip is still really hard. I still have a slight indent on my right side. I still feel pain when I look down or rub my nose to something. I still wake up with my nose swollen especially my tip .Overall I'm pretty happy even if it's nowhere near perfect.

4 months

Noticing a indent

I'm noticing a indent on my right side. I am worried that I might need a revision.

6 months post op

Tomorrow is my 6 month post op with my doctor. I'm really considering getting a revision to make my nose more asymmetrical.

8 months post op

I cant believe it's going to be 8 months in a few days. This recovery has been really tough for me. I always had a issue with how I looked so when I got this procedure I was obsessed with my nose. Everyday I would ask my boyfriend how does it look and I would take so many photos. My nose is much smaller than before and the tip is still really hard. I also still have a little bump on the right side. Overall I am glad I had this procedure done and I know it's not perfect but it's a major improvement from my original nose.

Mixed feelings

I'm starting to notice that my nose is still a bit crooked. Im having mixed feelings about my nose and I'm planning to speak to my doctor about getting a revision.

Finally made 11 months

I finally made 11 months with my new nose. I'm not 100% happy with it but it's better than my old nose. My breathing still not perfect so that's a bit of a problem. Overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Finally made 11 months

11 months finally

11 months ....

1 year and 2 months .... Finally

It's been a whole year since I had my rhinoplasty. I'mso much more confident with myself. I know it's not perfectly straight but I'm content with my new nose. Thank you guys for the sweet words they meant a lot. This journey wasn't easy but it was worth it.

1 year post op

Last photos my boyfriend took of me. I'm pretty happy with the results

9 months,10 months and 1 year

It's amazing how the nose keeps changing

1 year and 6 months

I'm glad I had this procedure done. I feel more confident and overall happier. I know it's not "perfect" but it's much better than my old nose.

More pics

I accidentally hit my nose.

On Saturday night I was laying down and reading something on my ipad. I was really tired and Boom the ipad hits me right on the nose. I was in a pain until today. I'm just a bit worried because I don't want my nose to be crooked again.

Confused

I try not to complain to people about my nose because overall I'm happy with it but the indent is starting to bother me.

1 year and 8 months

I'm still trying to accept my dent but overall I like my nose. I really appreciate this site. It's great to communicate with people who can relate and understand. Thank you

1 year and 9 months

I'm feeling much more confident. I'm still thinking about getting a small revision in the near future.

1 year and 10 months

I can't believe it's going to be 2 years since I had my surgery. I recently saw one of my old friends from high school and she told me that my face looks different. I told her I had a rhinoplasty and she was happy for me. I feel so much more confident with myself. I had a very crooked nose and now it's straighter ( I just wish it was perfectly straight) but it's a huge improvement. I'm really thankful that I had the opportunity to fix something that was truly bothering me. It's also amazing to finally be able to breathe through both nostrils.

More pics

here are the 3/4 and side photos.

More pictures

Im two months away from my 2 year anniversary with my new nose. My breathing has improved but here /there it gets a bit difficult to fully breathe correctly.

Pictures morning- afternoon

here are pictures of my nose in the morning then in the afternoon.Every morning my nose is still a little swollen but within a few hours it becomes a little slimmer. I still have a slight dent but it doesn't really bother me. I find it interesting how the nose continues to slightly change within a year.

Video

Pain while flying.

I recently had to take a flight out of town. I never experienced any pain while flying before my nose job. While on the flight I develop a really bad headache and then my nose started to hurt. I was having a hard time breathing and the pain on and around my nose was extremely painful. I almost started crying and I had to take two painkillers to ease the pain. I'm a little concern about this since I'm almost 2 months post op. I would like to know if others experience this pain while flying. I'm going to speak to a doctor about this situation.

Typo

I meant to say 2 year post op not 2 months. I was typing this at work lol

Almost 2 years

I cant believe it's going to be two years since I had my procedure. I'm really grateful I had the opportunity to have it done. I truly hated my crooked nose. I feel so much more confident now especially while taking pictures. I used to tilt my head to " my favorite side" every time somebody took my picture. I also feel much more happier. I like the outcome of my new nose but I might get a small revision to make it more narrow. If I do decide on getting a revision it will be in a year or so. Overall I'm happy.

In 8 days I make 2 years with my new nose

I'm almost 2 years with my new nose. I really like my new nose even if it's not completely straight. My breathing is way better not perfect. The tip of my nose is still hard and my boyfriend always tells me he can feel it when he kisses me. I recently had a couple of strangers at my job ask me if I had a nose job. I don't know how I feel about that. Overall this procedure was completely worth it especially if your having breathing issue. I always felt like I was unattractive because of my nose but my self confidence has improved.I always wanted a nose job since I was 14 when somebody asked me if my nose was broken. I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to fix an issue I had. Overall I'm a much happier and confident person. Completely worth it.

Advice on nose fillers

I'm looking into getting a filler on my nose. I just want some advice about which fillers are better, how long do they last ,cost etc. I also want to know if it's worth it. I know my nose will never be perfectly straight but I wish it could be straighter. I spoken to a surgeon and he said no to a revision because it isn't necessary but i can try a filler to help with the small imperfections. So any advice will be helpful.

Skin peeling on my nose

I never had any problem with my skin before my surgery. My nose started peeling when I was healing from my rhinoplasty. I know that's normal for the skin to shed a bit. I woke up this morning with my nose peeling. I put moisturizer thinking it would work but no luck. It's only shedding around my tip and nostrils. Do you guys know of anything that would make this go away.

2 years and 1 month

My tip finally feels a little softer and normal. I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to fix my nose and my breathing issue.

2 years post op

It's been two years since my rhinoplasty and I'm started to get sinus headaches. I never had a problem with my sinuses till now. I keep getting headaches and pressure around my eyes and nose. Has anyone else experienced this after a rhinoplasty.

Finally no more swelling

I finally have no more swelling in the morning. I used to wake up with my nose looking very big and within an hour or two it would go down. It's been 2 years and 2 months and I finally have no more swelling.

2 years and 3 months

I just wanted to update you guys who follow my rhinoplasty journey. I started with a very crooked nose that had a bump. Now my nose looks much more better. I understand it's a long emotional journey for some but don't give up.

A long journey but worth it.

This journey has been so long but it's so worth it. I went up and down feeling confused and worried about how the final result would look like. I am 100% happy with my nose. Having a rhinoplasty was one of my best decisions.
Santa Monica Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is a good doctor. He took his time to examine my nose and explain every step of the procedure.