Much Needed Relief - Golden Valley, MN

I'm a twenty-year-old agender-identifying student...

I'm a twenty-year-old agender-identifying student whose decision was actually pretty abrupt, to be honest. My gender identity only partly had to do with it; it mainly was due to extreme insecurity and the feeling that my breasts were too, I suppose, "mature" for someone like myself. Something I wasn't ready for and never really would be. I went in at the end of April to get some information at the office, and was told I could schedule the surgery whenever. I set the date for the end of July, allowing enough time to prepare. I had the money from my trust account, which was used for payment. My size was too big for the keyhole surgery, so the price was higher. I had some things to do to get ready before surgery, such as a confirmation appointment at my doctor.
The day of the surgery went very well. After "before" pictures were taken I was taken to a room to lay down and given a couple muscle relaxers so I didn't feel as anxious. After a while I was taken into the operating theater; that's all I really remember since that was when the doctors gave me the shot of anesthesia. The procedure took four hours and I was told it went perfectly.
My incisions were wrapped in multiple bandaging (there wasn't a compression vest small enough for me) and I had drains in to prevent fluid buildup under my arms. I had a lot of restrictions, which were hard to deal with, but worth it, and I was healing very nicely.
It's been a little more than two months and I'm doing so well. I have no more restrictions, other than to avoid tanning beds and harsh light to the incisions. I also have to apply scar disinfectant twice a day to help prevent infection. I recently went back for a final checkup from my surgeon, who said I'm coming along fantastically. I am more than impressed with his work. There is no pain and I'm more happy with myself than ever before. I'd highly recommend coming here if you are considering top surgery--it could not have gone better for me. I have absolutely no regrets and it was $10k well spent.
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Tholen talks a lot, but he's very experienced with making patients feel comfortable and welcome in the office. He has almost thirty years experience, which is evident in my results. If you feel unsure or nervous about anything before and/or after the procedure, he can talk you through everything and can answer questions well. Overall, very experienced and easy to talk to.