25//Rhino//Feelin' Fine. Glendale, CA

This procedure is not for the faint-of-heart....

This procedure is not for the faint-of-heart. You're most likely going to go through a roller-coaster of emotions, from desperately wanting the surgery to happen RIGHT NOW to wondering if your nose really is all that bad (I mean, doesn't everyone have their good and bad angles?) to flat out panic-attacks two weeks before the procedure. Because your emotions are all over the place, I really believe this surgery is for those who have hated their noses their whole lives and would not bat a lash at bidding it adieu. I'm still in the process of recovery (day 3 post-op), and I can't think very clearly yet (those pain meds, man). I know I don't miss my nose. I'm glad it's not there anymore, in its old form. I haven't yet thought of the future one, though. Obviously, I wish so much that it will finally look like a nose fit for my face--but again, I haven't made any image in my mind. Maybe I don't want to have certain expectations and later be disappointed. I know my surgeon is very talented, I trust his skill, not my fantasy. As of right now, this surgery was worth it all.

Attention out-of-towners

If you're an out-of-towner like me, you really should consider staying at an Airbnb place. It's cheaper than a hotel and you have more privacy. I'm staying at a place that has a nice patio because staying inside all day can make you very stir-crazy. I thought maybe by day 2 post-op I'd be up for going for walks in the neighborhood but I'm pretty sure I'd scare children. Just thought that it might be nice to schedule your rhinoplasty during Halloween. You'd make a more believable zombie and people would compliment your make-up skillz.

Anyway, I have been inside the house most of the time and it got me really thankful for a few apps like the following:
1. Instacart--You order groceries and they bring it straight to your door step. First time users get free delivery. So, you don't have to get out of the house, pay for a car to take you to the grocery store, grocery shop, pay for a car to take you back home. I mean, how convenient?
2. Lyft-- Oh my goodness, I love Lyft more than Uber. If you are a first time user, you get $10 off your first five rides. It's waaaaay cheaper than a cab. And much nicer. And plus they have bottled water for you and a pack of gum? How cute. (OH! We tried to order an Uber/Lfyt from LAX but had no service--apparently they are not allowed to pick-up from the airport, only drop-offs.)
3. GrubHub, DoorDash, Seamless--all deliver food from restaurants. If you're a first time user of any of these, first delivery is free.
4. Saucy--my sister ordered drinks from here. I on the other hand am not allowed!

I'll keep updating with some more tips and stuff : )

New nose soon...

Hey guys,

I'm a couple hours away from my post-operative appointment and my new nose and I will be acquainted FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES TOGETHER. I'm not nervous yet. Like, it already looks better in a cast than my nose before--lol.

I'm also really sorry to say this, but I will not be posting pics. I know it has been so helpful to me when people have posted pics but I just can't do it. At least not now. I'm too of a chicken to be on the internet this vulnerably. So please respect my wish for privacy.

Believe it or not, recovery has gone by so quickly. I am still bruised (but that's because I am an easily bruiseable person), but the swelling has gone completely down. I also have not been in pain at all. They give you opiates for pain-relief which actually helped me a lot with my sciatica (pinched nerve in back/leg). Most people complain about dreadful sleeping but I knocked-out and sleeping like a baby--but I think that has to do with the fact that my back usually wakes me up at night.

As I am writing this, it's starting to seep in a little. I'm sorry, am I never gonna have a lil' mental-breakdown anytime someone whips out the camera after this? And I can totally see myself wearing less make-up. Guys, I am so excited and then I'm like, OMG, I hope he didn't make it too small, but I also hope it's not too big, like, did you even get a nose job, girl? Then it got me thinking, if you get complimented on your face, can you take that compliment? Oh, my surgeon knows what he's doing. Why do people say "thanks" after someone compliments them on their looks? It's not like they had anything to do with what they look like. Did they choose the texture of their hair, the shape of their eyes or jawline? You just happened to hit the genetic lottery. Just like I happened to have surgery. : )

So swollen

Hey guys,

I'm two weeks post-op and I really love my profile (it's not too scooped out, but still feminine) but my front...It looks bigger than my previous nose. Now I've been reading everywhere, mostly from PS that swelling takes forever to go down, especially from the tip. But I want to know from patients if they found this to be true. Does it really take a good 3-4 months for most of the swelling to go down? Was there a huge difference in size in tip? Did you think your nose looked big initially and than saw improvement?

Side profile

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Ok, so I decided to put up some photos. I won't be leaving them up for very long, though. I want people to see how swollen I was when I first got off my cast. Absolutely horrendous that even the doctor had to step back for a second...like, "Whoa, you really are swollen." Not the words you really wanna here, but I have gotten a lot better. I still feel my nose is very wide, not piggish though. I'm hoping and praying it will continue to narrow, but I can't see how it will be significantly more narrow. Have any of you kinda hate your front and saw a lot of refinement over the first couple of months? I need some feedback, desperately. You can see my profile is straight and tad scoopish. Love love love the profile. It's just that I don't get to see my own profile when I look in the mirror. All I see staring back at me is a wide nose, so I really would welcome your input, good, bad and ugly :)

also, MY WHOLE TIP IS MOVING TO THE RIGHT AHHH

Yes, I am panicking because who after surgery has to worry about their nose still being crooked? I mean for real. I have to press my tip to the left for 30 seconds 3 times a day for 30 days. Does that sound right to y'all? The bridge on the ride is also more scoopy than my left side. IDK, please help...these has only been happening the past 4 days.

Before pics

Ugh...

Nose exercises

Who else here is having to do nose exercises after septorhinoplasty? The tip of my nose started veering to the right (and yes, it is noticeable to some people). My upper/mid bridge on the right is also scooping in. So my left bridge is higher and straighter. I emailed pics to Dr. G and he said I would need to push my tip to the left side, 3 times a day for 30 days. Is anyone else having to do this, or has had to do this and has seen results?

When you don't cringe anymore about your profile...

Guys, I went to the movies last night and while waiting in line for popcorn I realized that I don't have to tilt my head to the side to hide my profile. Do you know how freeing that is? I can just let me nose stick out (or maybe not so much anymore haha), and feel unashamed?!

I'm still working on loving my front. I know it will take time. But it was pleasantly surprising to feel confidence and stick my neck out more.

Getting a lil' paranoid

I just have to share a pic of what my nose has been doing--it's not only that the tip is venturing off to the right, but my right mid-bridge is lowering and scooping in. It feel very different from my left bridge. I emailed the Dr. G now, but what do you guys think? Has this kind of thing happened to you?

4 weeks

I can't tell if the swelling has improved. I've tried to stop obsessing. I've limited myself to one nose photo session per week...otherwise I will go insane. It's not healthy to be so fixated, especially when the recovery process takes this long. I'm eagerly waiting my 6 week mark because others have said that's when their swelling started to shrink. Some of us are just plastic surgery late bloomers.

I'm very happy with my side profile as well as the 3/4. Front will hopefully grow on me. I mean, shrink on me. ; )
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon