Yes, We Are Doing This! Finally. - Glendale, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I love my father, but unfortunately I inherited...

I love my father, but unfortunately I inherited his nose. If I was a male it would probably be perfect, but I’m not, and I feel that it's too masculine and gives me an unpleasant appearance. I would like for my nose to appear softer and feminine.

I've invested many hours of research and finally decided to get my rhinoplasty with Dr. Grigoryants. I visited his office for a consultation a few months ago and initially I was not very happy with the experience. It was not exactly what I expected and I actually wrote a comment about it. At the time, I felt that the my consultation was rushed. The staff also took longer than expected to get back to me about the surgery costs.

After further research and thought, I decided to move forward with Dr. Grigoryants. I was really impressed when Dr. Grigoryants walked into the room and touched on every concern that I had about my nose before I was able to share them with him. Dr. Grigoryants also has a great portfolio with amazing results. I’ve looked at pictures of his work on his site and many other sites and his nose jobs are the best that I’ve seen. Since my consultation, I have been in contact with Dr. Grigoryants via phone and email and he has been very pleasant. He is very knowledgeable and I’m very confident in his work and know that he will do a great job.

I’m also sharing this experience with my sister. We are scheduled for our surgery on the same day. She had a rhinoplasty approximately 20 years ago and her nose collapsed when her cast was removed.

We are due for our pre-op in a few weeks and I believe this is when we go into details about the results that we would like. I’m having a hard time deciding if I want a straight nose or slightly scooped. Dr. Grigoryants doesn’t do digital imaging, but I downloaded an app and was able to photoshop a couple of pictures. I like the results with the straight nose, but the slightly scooped seems more feminine. I will upload the pictures soon and if you have any input please share.

I’ll keep posting as anything new comes up.


Pictures with makeup pre-op

Pre and Post op preparations

Our surgery is only a few weeks away and I’m in the process of finalizing all of our pre and post op preparations. We are from out of town, approximately a four hour drive from the doctor’s office. My sister and I were indecisive about how long we should stay in a hotel after surgery. At first, we were thinking of driving back home three days after surgery. I reached out to the doctor and he suggested that we stay in town for a full week. He stated that bleeding may occur (2-3% of cases) in which we would need to go the emergency room. We also took into consideration that traveling in a car and at varying altitudes might slow our healing process. Some people swell from traveling and sitting for a couple of ours, we didn’t want this to be our case and it prolong our healing. We finally decided to stay in town for six days. We are staying approximately 30 minutes from the surgery center and the doctor’s office. I made sure that our room is non-smoking and with a fridge. It also has free Wi-Fi and parking, which is a plus.

In the next few days I am going to slowly incorporate juicing into my diet. I’ve been considering juicing for a couple of weeks because of all the positive things that I’ve read and heard. Just recently I thought about the benefits of juicing post op. I did some research and found out that it helps with the healing process. So I’ve decided that the juicer is coming with me to the hotel. It seems silly, but I know that we are probably not going to have much of an appetite after surgery and this would be a great way replenish our bodies. I also do not like fast food and I don’t think that I can survive on Jell-O and pudding for more than one day. I will be having other foods, but I definitely want to avoid the processed foods as much as possible.

Another thing that I read that helps with healing is taking Vitamin C, Arnica, and Bromelain. Arnica and Bromelain are homeopathic medicines that help with bruising and swelling. Bromelain is a digestive enzyme derived from pineapple. Some doctors suggest taking these supplements approximately 2 weeks prior to surgery and continue to take a few weeks after surgery. I reached out to Dr. Grigoryants to make sure that these were ok to take, and he gave me the ok. I’m going to begin taking the Vitamin C, but I will ask him more questions about the other two when I see him in person for my pre-op. If you are considering taking these please do your own research and ask your physician as well.

Pre-op appt. Dr. Grigoryants and his staff were great!

We had our pre-op appointment this past weekend and we left the doctor's office happy and excited!

First, one of his girls came into the room and went over the do's and don'ts before and after surgery. She was super cute and personable.

Soon after, Dr. Grigoryants walked into the room. He asked about our traveling arrangements and was happy to hear that we are staying in town for a week as oppose to three days. He went over my sister's procedure first. He told her that her results would not be perfect, but that it would be an improvement. She appreciated his honesty. He's going to correct her deviated septum, add spreaders, fix her tip, and bring in the nostrils. If she does not have enough cartilage in her nose he will be taking cartilage from behind her ear (she had to sign a consent form for this). He will not be breaking her nose. We are thinking that she might have a shorter recovery time because he's not breaking her nose.

When it came to go over my procedure, we all laughed because I had a very professional "nose checklist" with bullet points. I just wanted to make sure that we went over everything. I asked him if I should go with a straight or a scooped nose. He suggested scooped; straight would give me a Roman style nose. He will be breaking my nose, taking in my nostrils, correcting my deviated septum, and fixing my bump. I believe there's more, but I just can't remember it all. I showed him my altered pictures and he stated that my results would be better than the pictures. What, better than the pictures? I can't wait!

I again inquired about my vitamins and he said that I could continue to take Vitamin C, but that Arnica and Bromelain wouldn't do much for recovery.

Our experience during this consultation was definitely more positive than our initial consultation. We are glad that we gave Dr. Grigoryants and his staff a second chance. Now we can't wait for our surgeries.

One more thing. We got to our appointment early and while sitting in the waiting room there was a girl waiting with a cast on her nose. They called her in to the room and when she came back out her cast had been removed. Her nose looked amazing! I didn't want to make it obvious that I was staring, but I had to compliment her. Her nose was perfect! And she had no bruising.

Day of surgery

So we finally did it. We are sitting here in the hotel room just a few hours after surgery.

We had to wake up super early this morning to arrive at the Avanguard surgical center by 5:30 a.m. The surgical center is different from what I've previously experienced. It's a suite located inside a medical building. However, the staff is amazing, especially Marita (nurse), Brenda (nurse), Lena (nurse) and the anesthesiologist. They are friendly, welcoming, and funny. The anesthesiologist told us that he's been practicing for twenty years. Knowing this definitely eased our nerves.

My sister was first, they allowed me to wait in the back with her until they took her into the operating room. I then waited in the lobby for about an hour until it was my turn to get prepped. While waiting I could hear them trying to wake my sister up. They kept telling her to open her eyes and to breathe through her mouth. It made me a bit nervous. I made a mental note to open my eyes and breathe through my mouth when waking up, but that didn't work out so well. Once I woke up, my sister had been in recovery for about 2 1/2 hours. When they discharged us, We chose to walk. A nurse assisted me all the way to the car and my sister's boyfriend helped her.

I already have some mild bruising, more in one eye than the other. My sister doesn't have any bruising yet. Dr. Grigoryants told me that she had a lot of scarring from her previous surgery, but that her nose now looks a lot better. My sister says that immediately after surgery she noticed an improvement in her breathing. Dr Grigoryants told her that prior to surgery her left side was completely closed.

While in recovery, Dr. Grigoryants checked in on us a couple of times.

My throat was hurting more than anything, but my fresh juices have been lifesavers! I juiced the night before, put them in mason jars and froze them. They have thawed out and have the consistency of a slush. They are so soothing and refreshing.

We also had some natural soup with very low sodium (2%) and yogurt. We wanted to make sure that we had enough food before taking pain meds.

So far, we are doing great. We've been awake about 90% of the time. My sister's boyfriend is awesome and is doing a great job babysitting us!

I'll keep updating for all the realself peeps!

Pictures. Day of surgery.

First 24 hours!

Although I'm not in any serious pain, I've been staying on top of my meds. I've been taking one pain pill approximately every four hours. When I do feel some pain it feels like it's coming from the incisions in my nostrils. Last night I took one pain pill before going to bed and didn't need anymore the rest of the night. My sister is taking 2 pain pills every four hours. We haven't been taking the meds for nausea because we've been ok without it.

We woke up a few times during the night because of our sore throats. We sucked on Halls (cough drops) and they really helped. My sister kept breathing through her nose last night and we tried to tell her numerous times to stop doing it, but she wasn't having it. She just wanted to sleep. She was getting annoyed. Lol!

We took a quick shower this morning, separate of course. Lol! We used a hand held shower head. We didn't wash our hair.

My gauze this morning was stuck a little to my nose. I used a qtip with Vaseline and softly and slowly rubbed it on the side of the gauze and it easily came off.

The nurses told us yesterday to not look at our noses, but my sis looked and wasn't happy. She thinks that her nostrils aren't even. It's hard to remember that we only had surgery 24 hours ago and everything is swollen and healing takes time. I reassured her that these are not our final results. Swelling will go down and our tips are going to drop.

My bruises are more noticeable and my swelling has gone up. I've been icing, but I'm scared to get to close to the cast.

I sneezed this morning and it was weird. I felt it coming and opened my mouth to sneeze out of it. It helped. I felt the second sneeze coming and I applied a bit of pressure with my fingertip between my lip and nose and it stopped it immediately. This was a tip from a friend who's a hunter. This might be a trick they use when hunting, but I'm not sure. Maybe he was just messing with me. But it worked, so I'm happy.

That's it for now. Going to watch Son's of Anarchy. Jax is handsome :)

Counting down the days

It's been three days since surgery and I can't wait for my cast removal.

I'm been having problems sleeping. I can't seem to get comfortable. I have a bed rest pillow and I've been piling up pillows for additional cushioning, but my lower back hurts.

I have a humidifier, but I've been waking up with a very dry mouth and sore throat. To ease the discomfort I've been gurgling water.

My sister was really sick yesterday. She was pale, weak, shaking, and her stomach was hurting. She was able to reach Dr. Grigoryants immediately, and he told her that the pain meds could be making her feel sick. He told her to relax, stay hydrated, stop taking the pain meds and to take Tylenol instead. We got her some orange juice and Tylenol and she began feeling better in a few hours later. She is doing a lot better today.

I've been icing and taking Hyland's Arnica Montana, but I still have swelling and bruising. My right side is worse than my left.

We've been showering everyday, but we still haven't washed our hair. I've had my hair wrapped since Monday. I'm going to try to wash it tomorrow.

Two more days and our casts come off. Can't wait.

Casts are off.

Recovery during the first two days after surgery wasn’t that bad, but then after that we were just miserable. We weren’t in pain, we were just very uncomfortable. I could smell and taste the blood from my nose. I would wake up during the night to gargle with warm water. I had a very dry throat and at times would wake up coughing. Six days confined to a hotel room drove me absolutely crazy. I spent my time between reading a book (Gone Girl, which I didn’t finish) and watching Sons of Anarchy (I’m hooked now thanks to the eye candy, Jax of course). The night before our casts were to be removed I had major anxiety. At that point, I was thinking that I didn’t care what my nose look like, I wanted the cast removed and I wanted to go home.

We got our casts removed on the sixth day after our surgery. We were in Dr. Grigoryant’s office on Saturday at 8:30 a.m. and his lobby was already full. We were the first ones called in. Before removing the casts, Dr. Grigoryants warned us that the top three concerns from patients that he hears after cast removal are that they look like an Avatar (due to the swelling between their eyebrows and eyes), they have a pig nose (high tip), and that they look like a chipmunk (swollen cheeks).

Dr. Grigoryants removed my sister’s cast first. He removed her splints and some stitches. He then sat her straight up, she looked at herself in the mirror right across from her, and she then looked at me. I saw the shock in her face and the disappointment in her eyes. She later told me that she was holding back tears. It wasn’t what she expected. Her tip was very swollen and it was very high. The doctor told her that her tip would drop and that the swelling would go down. She is still having a very hard time with her result. I think that her nose looks good. Yes, her tip is very swollen, but her nostrils are now even and her bridge is straight. Her breathing has also improved. I did some reading, and found that swelling on a revision is sometimes more than a primary rhinoplasty.

When the doctor removed my casts, I looked like an Avatar and Dr. Seuss character hybrid. My glabella, nose, and cheeks were very swollen. Although I looked like a fictional character, I didn’t have an immediate reaction. I felt like I mentally just dusted off my shoulders and shrugged it off. I don’t know if this was my reaction because I was in shock or if I was mentally and emotionally prepared for any outcome. The doctor told me the same as my sis, the swelling will go down and that the tip was going to drop. He added that my eyes appeared larger than before.

That same day, we drove home and I had this immeasurable sense of relief, but later that night regret began to seep in. I had this moment of uncertainty. “What did I do?” “Did I just ruin my face?” And as quickly as those questions came to mind, I decided to shut them down.

I look very different. My profile is softer, but from the front view I look very odd. My tip is very high and it looks a bit boxy and pointy, I am also very swollen between my eyebrows and eyes. I’m still bruised around the eyes and my nose has some mild discoloration. I also have some uneven swelling in my nostrils. More than anything I miss my smile. When I smile my top lip doesn’t move and I can’t see my top teeth. It’s very strange looking. I look like a ventriloquist’s doll.

I don’t know if I made the right decision or not, but I made it. Healing is an ongoing process and I can’t be hasty on judging my result. This isn’t my final result and I’m just going to have to be patient. But I sure wish that I would have walked out of there looking like Grace Kelli. Ok, so not very realistic, but I sure wasn’t thinking I was going to walk out of there looking like the Grinch.

Today is my 9th day since surgery and my breathing is getting better, but I still can’t smell that well.

I’ve been cleaning my nose with saline nasal spray approximately four to five times a day. I tilt my head back a bit and spray it into my nostrils. I then straighten my head and let the saline drip out of my nose onto a tissue. I also drip some of the saline onto a q-tip and lightly rub it inside my nostrils. I then use a clean q-tip to rub olive oil inside my nose. The olive oil is very moisturizing. On the second day of cleaning my nose, I felt that my breathing improved but my nasal airway is still a bit clogged and I catch myself breathing through my mouth. This is making my lips very dry, I have to moisturize them with Vaseline.

Although, I had a facial and I exfoliated before surgery, I now have a lot of blackheads on my nose. I also had a large whitehead, but I gently rubbed it with my nail and it went away. I purchased a gentle gel exfoliator to help rub off some of the dead skin cells. I’m hoping that this will help with the congestion.

I will be posting pictures soon.

Pictures from the day my cast was removed.

Awkward-10 days post op

Ten days post op. I’m still very swollen. I ran into a friend today and in mid conversation he made the comment that I looked different. He then asked me a slew of questions; were my lips bigger, was I stung in the face, and if I was ok. I wanted to laugh so hard, and I tried my hardest to not smile because it would make it more obvious. I didn’t know what to say. I just replied that I was ok. He probably thought that I got my lips done. What if I would have told him that I had plastic surgery? Would there have been an awkward silence? My husband suggested that next time I should just say that I had an allergic reaction, lol!

I’ve only told my immediate family and one co-worker about my rhinoplasty. I have a few reasons as to why I haven’t told everyone. One of them being that people might perceive me as a fake or vain individual. Now, I don’t think that I’m either and my brother-in-law pointed out that anyone that really knows me would agree. I also don’t want to be forced to tell someone. If I tell someone it’s because it’s going to be my choice.

I’m a pretty bad liar, so I don’t know if I’ll be using the “allergy” excuse. I’ll need to do some research on how to reply to the “what is wrong with your face?” inquiries. Any suggestions?

Before pics

Un mes (one month)!

It’s been a month and a lot has happened. I don’t cry for just any reason and I’d like to think that I’m not a drama queen. But going into my 3rd week post op I was a complete mess. I cried and cried.

It all started when I got my hair done 12 days post op. My hairstylist and I had previously discussed getting rhinoplasties. She decided to go with a very well-known prominent plastic surgeon in our city. I actually know the surgeon very well and consulted with him many times before deciding on Dr. Grigoryants. Well, it turns out that we had surgery on the same week and when I saw her she looked amazing. I had to ask her if she got it done because I couldn’t tell. She looked perfectly normal. Here I was with a high tip, swollen bridge, and stiff lip, and she looked fabulous. She’s been doing my hair for about four years and she had to show me her before pictures so that I could see the difference. Her surgeon got rid of her bumps and imperfections, but it was nothing extreme. The entire time she talked about how much she loved her nose. I just sat there and tried to smile (tried because of my stiff lip), but I was weeping on the inside. I was really happy for her, but I also wanted to look normal. I also wanted to brag about how happy I was with my new look. After we were done with my hair, I just drove home and cried.

I returned to work 15 days post op and that was also tough. I didn’t feel like myself. I just wanted to go home and avoid any contact with anyone. I decided to stay at work, but cried the entire time. By the time I went home my trashcan was full of tissue. I haven’t cried since.

It’s been getting better every day. It’s not that I dislike my nose. It’s a change and I think that it’s taking me some time to get used to it. I do have some minor concerns (the same issues that I listed in my 10 days post), but I know that it will get better with time. I really like my profile view, but I think that I still look weird from the front. I’m still having a hard time smiling and my lips look long and stiff. In the beginning I was avoiding eye contact and I was covering my mouth when I smiled or laughed. I’m no longer doing that; I’m beginning to feel more like myself and feeling more comfortable around people.

My breathing has improved a lot. I didn’t realize that I had a deviated septum until the doctor pointed it out. I really did think that my breathing was normal. Approximately one week or two after surgery I was able to notice the difference. In the beginning it felt like cold air and it bothered me only because I was not used to it, but now it feels great.

I’m still cleaning my nose with saline. I clean it out three times a day; morning, afternoon, and evening. I’ve been going through one bottle a week. I’m still using olive oil to moisturize the inside. At night I apply vitamin e and frankincense oil on my incisions. I tape every night and I’m still sleeping sitting up and with a humidifier.

I’m a speedy walker, but since surgery I’ve slowed down a lot. When I try to walk fast, especially when I wear my heels, it feels like my nose is going to fall off. My sister called me the other night and asked me that I could feel the pressure on the tip of my nose when walking.

My posts are long, but I want to make sure that I include as much as possible and hopefully someone finds it relatable or helpful, just like I have with other’s posts.

Deux mois (Two months)

I recently went in to see Dr. Grigoryants for my first follow-up since my cast removed. So far everything is looking good, yeay!

Dr. Grigoryants noticed that I'm still swollen, particularly at the tip, but he didn't suggest any steroid shots for the swelling. He mentioned that due to the swelling my tip is pretty round, but that in time it will become more defined.

In the past few weeks I have noticed the following;

*My smile is slowly returning back to normal. It's still a little tight, but I can see the improvement.

*My nose doesn't feel that numb. I'm beginning to get some sensation back. I can now walk just fine and not feel like my nose is going to fall off.

*My nostrils feel hard, they are not very soft. I also can’t get my finger in my nose, ha-ha! I get these itches inside my nostrils and I have to use q-tips to scratch the inside.

*The appearance of my incisions have improved. They don’t flare up and itch as much as they did a few weeks ago.

*My nostrils are still slightly asymmetrical. One side of my tip droops somewhat more than the other.

I was holding off on the following and I could have probably resumed many of these sooner, but I wanted to confirm with Dr. Grigoryants first.

*I can blow my nose! I’m blowing my nose, but I’m still very gentle. I’m also still using saline solution and q-tips to clean my nose.

*No more taping! The doctor mentioned that taping for too long may cause skin irritation. However, I noticed that my tip looks larger when I don’t tape, so I’ve been taping a few nights a week.

*I can work out. This is N/A because I’m too lazy to work out, but if I wanted to I could.
I’ll probably need to after the holidays.

*I can go back to sleeping in my normal position! I’m just very careful that I don’t roll over onto my nose during the night. I have this silly image in my head that if I sleep on my side for too long that I’m going to wake up with a lopsided nose from the pressure.

That’s it for now. I’ll see the doctor again in about quatre mois.

2 1/2 months post op and irritated nostrils. Anyone else experienced this?

My incisions and nostrils get irritated often and it seems to go in waves. They’ll be fine for a few days and then they’ll flare up. The itching sometimes is unbearable.

Since surgery, I’ve had two small puss filled bumps on one of my incisions. I emailed the doc the first time it happened and he stated that it was suture tract irritation and recommended that I apply Neosporin for a few days. Just recently I had the same issue again and emailed him. This time he stated that it was probably a pimple and recommended that I again apply Neosporin for a few days. My nose has also been bleeding and there is a lot more scabbing inside of my nose than previously. Dr. Grigoryants mentioned that the heater might be causing dryness. He suggested that I use a humidifier and to apply Vaseline inside of my nostrils. I have been using a humidifier and moisturizing the inside of my nose with either olive oil or Vaseline since surgery.

Also, when cleaning inside of my nostrils close to the tip feels sensitive and at times I catch a whiff of bad odor that seems to be coming from that area.

I trust the doctor, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this. It’s very irritating. Thanks!

Oh and by the way, my sister does not have a post but she has been sharing her experience with other realselfers by commenting. Her profile name is mionaso76, if you would like to read her comments or send her a private message. :)

Pictures. Pre-op through 10 days post-op.

3 month update

Swelling continues to go down. Right at the 3 month mark, I finally began to see some swelling subside right between my eyes. I'm still cleaning with saline solution and qtips. A fellow realselfer recommended AYR to help relieve the itchiness and dryness in my nostrils, and that stuff really works! I still have some asymmetry in my nostrils and one side of my tip is longer than the other. The shape of my tip and nostrils look different everyday, some days better than others. Overall, I'm happy. Definitely a major improvement.

Additional pics-3 month update

Accidently updated before adding this pictures.

Nose bleed at 3 months post op.

I'm three months post op and I just had a nose bleed. It wasn't gushing out but it was running down my nose. I don't think it's serious, but I don't think it's normal either. I emailed the doc, hopefully he confirms that it's nothing serious as well. I've been doing everything to keep my nose healthy and clean, but I'm not sure what's going on.

Cinq Mois. (5 months)

It’s been close to five months since my surgery and not much has changed since my last update. I was hoping that my previous concerns were due to swelling and that my nose would turn out perfect after some time, but I am beginning to get a little worried that my nose might not improve much. One side of my tip is noticeably longer from the top view, my tip still seems bulbous and somewhat high.

I’m not going to deny that it is an improvement. I do think that it has soften my face overall and that I do appear more feminine. However, when looking at his other patients on realself I get very discouraged. There’s been numerous times of when I’ve thought of checking out of Realself. Everyone else seems to have beautiful symmetrical results only after a few days/weeks/months. I try not to compare my results with others, but it’s extremely hard.

I don’t understand why the tip is so asymmetrical. I push on it and it evens out for a few seconds, but then it pops out again. Because my tip is still bulbous, the shape of my nostrils appear strange. They don’t smoothly connect with my tip, they kind of just bulge out, especially when I smile. Also, in certain angles my nose looks really short and upturned. A revision has crossed my mind, but I honestly don’t think that I could go forward with it; I’m scared that it would just make everything worse.

I see the doc in a few weeks, and I’m going to bring these issues up, but I don’t want to offend him.
As far as maintenance, I’m still using saline and q-tips to clean it. Recently, I’ve been taping almost every night. (I know, 5 months post-op, but it does make my tip look less bulbous). The columella, tip, and nostrils still feel stiff and surprisingly so does my smile. Anytime I laugh or smile I feel tension on my upper lip and columella.

Maybe I’m being too critical, but this is how I’m feeling for now. Who knows, I might end up loving it by next week. I’ll try to stay positive and try not to obsess. Thanks for listening.

7-8 Month Update

It’s close to 8 months! I visited Dr. G a few weeks ago for a follow-up, and I have to say that I am so glad that I chose him as my doctor. He’s just overall an amazing doctor. He’s friendly, courteous, professional, knowledgeable, patient, etc.

In this last visit we went over my entire procedure. He shaved my bump, broke my nose, deprojected it, corrected my deviated septum, added cartilage for support, narrowed my tip, and took in my nostrils. Basically the works.

We also went over my concerns and he reassured me that if my issues did not resolve with time they could be easily fixed in his office. Below were some of the questions that I asked him and his answers.

My nose curves more to the left. –Due to swelling and will improve with time.

Nasal tip is longer on one side.-Believes that it’s due to swelling, but might be cartilage. If it does not improve, it could easily be corrected in his office with local anesthetic and he would shave it down with a needle.

My tip is still round and bulbous.-Also due to swelling and it can take many more months to resolve, but will improve.

I sometimes get a weird smell in my nose.-Perfectly normal. It’s caused by bacteria and mucus. (I know, pretty disgusting). Keep my nose clean. (I do, I still use saline and qtips to clean it.)

Dr. G also told me that I’m still about 40% swollen and that my tip will continue to drop.

Close to 8 months post op, I’m still seeing changes. I think that near my 7th month mark is when I noticed that my nose was looking a bit more defined and my tip was beginning to even out. There is some asymmetry, mainly caused by my nostrils. I have one larger nostril than the other, nothing the doctor could do about it. Overall, I am seeing improvements.

I also don’t think that I’ve mentioned this before, but Dr. G has suggested on more than once occasion that I should get fillers under my eyes. It’s actually pretty comical. Every time that he mentions it I just smile and nod. Yes, I have dark circles under my eyes. I’ve had them for years. (You can see them in some of my pictures). I’m sure that having a family, working, lack of sleep, and genes have all contributed to it. I’ve kind of just given up on concealers and creams. But in this last visit I was going to do it and get fillers. We were in the office with the doctor, with the needle in hand and numbing cream under my eyes, and I backed out. But only because the receptionist told me that I might have swelling and bruising that could last for days. When I’m ready to do it, I’ll be taking some days off work so that I don’t walk in with black swollen eyes.

Thankful for my nose nose! One year anniversary.

It's been approximately one year since my surgery and I'm very pleased with my results. It's not perfect, but a great improvement. I still have off days when my nose looks slightly more swollen or asymmetrical, but overall I'm very happy. I have not seen Dr. G for my one year post op, but hopefully I'll see him within a few months.
Although I didn’t have my surgery until I was in my 30’s, I feel that it was the perfect time for me. I was ready for it. I was patient and did many years of research and ultimately found Dr. G, an amazing surgeon. It was a roller-coaster of emotions during this process, but no regrets. And with Thanksgiving around the corner, I just want to say that I’m thankful for my new nose.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful