47 Yo British Woman, 2 Grown Kids, Mommy Makeover in Dominican Republic

I’m 47 years old with 2 grown boys. I’ve...

I’m 47 years old with 2 grown boys. I’ve always had the baby belly and gained a little weight over the years. Working in the travel industry and always in the company of other women who have had surgery it got me thinking. Week in, week out these holiday makers would come with their beautiful bodies, boob jobs, tummy tucks, face lifts, fillers etc and it got me wanting to improve my own body. I started researching and came across realself where I ended up finding out most of what I needed to know and my quest began.

47 Yo British Woman, 2 Grown Kids, Mommy Makeover in Dominican Republic

I started researching surgeons and narrowed it down to three. I contacted two of them, one was slow to respond, seemed uninterested, didn’t offer a quote and just didn’t really give me a good feeling. The other, Dr. Rafael E. Est?vez H. (based in the Dominican Republic) was quick to respond, answered all my questions, gave me a quote for surgery and explained everything I needed to know. I got a good feeling about him so I did more research and found that he has done TV appearances and has an active profile on the realself site which made me more confident and comfortable at choosing him to do my work.

From the outset he was available to answer my questions very quickly, unless he was in surgery then of course it would take longer but always replied. I went from the Caribbean for my first consultation and had my surgery the following day. I had the mommy makeover which included a breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction around my front and back, Brazilian butt lift, liposuction to inner thighs and upper arms. Dr Est?vez had previously explained that I might have to have the breasts and arms done another time depending tests when I got there. As all my tests were good he was able to do it all at once which was great to hear! He was very thorough with his screening and testing, remember that your life is in his hands and he has a reputation to keep so he obviously wants to do a great job. His assistant told me that he has ‘magic hands’ that work miracles, I couldn’t wait to get out of surgery!
Dr Est?vez is a wonderful surgeon and he does have ‘magic hands’ that work miracles, he worked them on me. He was kind, caring, listened to all my concerns and made me feel comfortable and confident in his care. The morning after surgery he came to check everything was ok for me to leave the hospital and gave me all of the creams and medicines needed for my 10 day stay in the DR. I went to a recovery house with 24 hour care (I can’t recommend this enough, even if you can only afford to stay for 2-3 days, I feel it’s definitely needed).

Any concern day or night I could text Dr Est?vez directly which was and is still an absolute godsend. He always responds. My 2nd night out of surgery I was uncomfortable and couldn’t sleep, I needed more pain relief and ended up contacting him at 2am, he replied instantly. He is always at the end of the phone. I am now 5 weeks post op and back in the UK and he is still available to answer any questions/ concerns. I cannot recommend Dr Est?vez enough, my body is going to be amazing once the swelling has finally gone, his care and aftercare are second to none, and if you need him he’s there. Nothing has been too much trouble for him and he has always been patient and caring, I put my trust in him and am extremely happy with my results so far.

My partner also had some liposuction done to chest, torso, and back and had his surgery the day after me, he is also extremely happy with his results. I have to mention that we had problems getting there which meant we were delayed by 2 days, Dr Est?vez shifted our surgery date and accommodated us without question. He really is a remarkable man and I cannot recommend him highly enough, not only that the surgery would probably cost 3 or 4 times more in the UK or the US so that’s a double bonus.

Photos 10 days post op

Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

I read about the different surgeries and procedures, other peoples’ experiences, the good, the bad, and the ugly. My original intention was to get a tummy tuck and breast lift until I discovered the mommy makeover then my heart was set so I started to look at where I would get the work done. I live between the UK and the Caribbean and was drawn to Costa Rica because it was close to the Caribbean and two ladies I met had their surgeries there (and they looked great!) and the UK is far too expensive. I started researching surgeons and narrowed it down to three. I contacted two of them, one was slow to respond, seemed uninterested, didn’t offer a quote and just didn’t really give me a good feeling. The other, Dr. Rafael E. Estėvez H. (based in the Dominican Republic) was quick to respond, answered all my questions, gave me a quote for surgery and explained everything I needed to know. I got a good feeling about him so I did more research and found that he has done TV appearances and has an active profile on the realself site which made me more confident and comfortable at choosing him to do my work. From the outset he was available to answer my questions very quickly, unless he was in surgery then of course it would take longer but always replied. I went from the Caribbean for my first consultation and had my surgery the following day. I had the mommy makeover which included a breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction around my front and back, Brazilian butt lift, liposuction to inner thighs and upper arms. Dr Estėvez had previously explained that I might have to have the breasts and arms done another time depending tests when I got there. As all my tests were good he was able to do it all at once which was great to hear! He was very thorough with his screening and testing, remember that your life is in his hands and he has a reputation to keep so he obviously wants to do a great job. His assistant told me that he has ‘magic hands’ that work miracles, I couldn’t wait to get out of surgery! Dr Estėvez is a wonderful surgeon and he does have ‘magic hands’ that work miracles, he worked them on me. He was kind, caring, listened to all my concerns and made me feel comfortable and confident in his care. The morning after surgery he came to check everything was ok for me to leave the hospital and gave me all of the creams and medicines needed for my 10 day stay in the DR. I went to a recovery house with 24 hour care (I can’t recommend this enough, even if you can only afford to stay for 2-3 days, I feel it’s definitely needed). Any concern day or night I could text Dr Estėvez directly which was and is still an absolute godsend. He always responds. My 2nd night out of surgery I was uncomfortable and couldn’t sleep, I needed more pain relief and ended up contacting him at 2am, he replied instantly. He is always at the end of the phone. I am now 5 weeks post op and back in the UK and he is still available to answer any questions/ concerns. I cannot recommend Dr Estėvez enough, my body is going to be amazing once the swelling has finally gone, his care and aftercare are second to none, and if you need him he’s there. Nothing has been too much trouble for him and he has always been patient and caring, I put my trust in him and am extremely happy with my results so far. My partner also had some liposuction done to chest, torso, and back and had his surgery the day after me, he is also extremely happy with his results. I have to mention that we had problems getting there which meant we were delayed by 2 days, Dr Estėvez shifted our surgery date and accommodated us without question. He really is a remarkable man and I cannot recommend him highly enough, not only that the surgery would probably cost 3 or 4 times more in the UK or the US so that’s a double bonus.