Voluma Injections to Cheeks to Address Nasolabial Folds and Marionette Lines Unsuccessful - Charlotte, NC

During my consultation, I told the doctor that my...

During my consultation, I told the doctor that my nasolabial folds and marionette lines were my major concerns and that was where I was seeking improvement. The doctor suggested Voluma, explaining that the added volume to my cheeks would create the lift to improve the nasolabial folds and marionette lines. I received a quotation for 2 syringes of Voluma. Since the quotation was for 2 syringes, I assumed (wrongly) that 2 syringes would adequately address my concerns. Two syringes did nothing. Two weeks later I returned and received one more syringe. At that second appointment, the doctor said that we could "build on it" and add more Voluma until we get the right results! If I had known ahead of time that 2 syringes (now 3) were not going to work, I would have chosen another treatment that would have addressed my concerns. I am seeing very, very slight improvement. It is not what I wanted or expected. Well, the money budgeted for this treatment is now spent and there is no more. I feel it was a waste of money. My advice: be very, very careful with your choice of doctors and ask a lot of questions. Make sure you explain to your doctor exactly what you are looking for and get very specific answers regarding the treatment, the choice of products, why those products, what to expect and the amount of product needed. I allocated $2000 for this and I spent $2100 and do not have the results I want. I will probably go elsewhere in the near future for another consultation to see what can be done with a very budget.

Voluma Did Not Give the Result I Was Told It Would

I did not have a good experience with Voluma injections at Charlotte Skin and Laser. I had a consult for fillers to my nasolabial folds and marionette lines, but Dr. Rostan and her staff steered me towards Voluma injections to my cheek area instead of actually filling the lines themselves with another filler. She and her staff stated that Voluma was the current preferred treatment – the volume and lift that Voluma provides would soften the appearance of the nasolabial folds/marionette lines. I received a quote for 2 syringes of Voluma. When I called to schedule my appointment, I reiterated my goal of minimizing my nasolabial folds and marionette lines and was reassured that volume replacement to the cheek area using Voluma was the way to go. I had the 2 injections. Two weeks later, I saw no change and returned for a 3rd (unplanned) injection. Even after the 3rd injection, I did not see any change to the area. I called CS&L to discuss this and I was told that Dr. Rostan was satisfied with my results and had taken me as far as she could and recommended I see a plastic surgeon. I was told that the Voluma “did what it was supposed to do”. I had assumed that what the product was supposed to do was address my clearly-stated goal of improving the appearance of my nasolabial folds and marionette lines. There was no visible improvement to that area. My thoughts are that either CS&L lost sight of my goal and had their own goal that they did not share with me (that would explain their satisfaction with my results), or that the wrong treatment was chosen for my particular case. Either way, I am out $2100.00. This was a one-time gift from my husband. There won't be another treatment for me. If you, like me, are only planning to do a cosmetic treatment one time, be cautious. Do your homework, get your goals in writing at the time of your consult, get other opinions and, be sure to consult with a Bd. Certified Plastic Surgeon. I can’t even begin to express how sick it makes me feel to see $2100 of my family’s hard-earned money go up in flames. I made a huge mistake that I will regret for many years.

Charlotte Dermatologist

I would not return. I did not get the result Dr. Rostan and I discussed during my consultation. I called to state this and was told that the doctor was satisfied with my results and had taken me as far as she could. No offer was made to have me come in so the doctor could take a look at my results, to see why I was not satisfied and see if there was anything they could do for me. I was basically blown off.