44 Year Old with More Than I Bargained for - Calgary, AB

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hello fellow Real selfers !! :). I am a mother of...

Hello fellow Real selfers !! :). I am a mother of 2 a 25 year old and a 5 year old . That's right I started all over again in my late 30's. My breasts are a very large DD. They are to big!!! I had very small breasts 6 years ago and decided to have a breast augmentation done. I really only wanted a C cup but for some reason when the doctor was at the surgery Center he decided that if I wanted to achieve my goal I may have to go up a size . Well he is the best in our area and I trusted his judgement thinking they would only be a few cc's bigger than the ones we looked at in his office. Well they ended up being more than what I had bargained for. When I got to the hotel from the hospital and took the bandages off for the first time I was mortified!! Omg they were huge . I thought maybe when the swelling went down they would go down, that was not the case. I did call the office and asked them to fix it but hey said I need to heal for a while before they could do anything. In the meantime I got pregnant so could not have the revision done. I have waited a long time and it is finally the right time to get them fixed. Because of the size of the implant ( 600 cc's) I will definitely need a lift. I'm hoping to go down to 300-350cc's . Surgery is booked for February 3rd . I'm excited and scared at the same time.

Surgery is February 3

I am really looking forward to getting rid of the weight of the huge implants !!They are 600 cc's I'm hoping to go down to 300- 350cc's :) These ones cause so much discomfort in the neck , head , and shoulders. Not only that because they seem to be heading North and South lol is also causes pain in the breast plate area. The doctor will be doing an implant exchange and a lift. I'm a little concerned about the scarring but believe it will be a good trade off.

So I went bra shopping today

I went into Victoria secret and had a bra fitting done. I measured as a 36 DDD ... yikes!!! 2 months to go!!

I'm wondering if my implants are only 600ccs going through some of the other reviews I'm thinking they are bigger! DDD's

Another consultation booked

So my surgeon's office called and they would like to book another consult on January 16. I'm actually glad they did because I have a ton of questions. What size will we agree on?Will he have to do a second surgery? Will he stitch the inner pocket? Will I ever have cleavage? What to expect. Surgery is still just under 2 months. I am so anxious, I wish it was happening tomorrow!!! I can stop looking here and online at boobs I'm obsessed!!! I'm really hoping this time I get good results and am comfortable in my own skin.

I have decided on what shape and size I would like

I'm thinking around 375cc's

I had my pre-op appointment today

I feel fantastic! I am so exited!! 2 weeks until surgery. I saw Dr Hassel today and I am thrilled to know he will be going with 375cc's. Ha ha he let me hold a 600cc and a 375cc implant and holy what a difference in weight. I am so relieved to be getting that giant sucker outta there:) . He will be closing the muscle on the sides so the new boob won't swim to the sides :) :) I did show him my wish pics and he reminded me that I am not skinny or 20 and not to expect to look like that after. I am sure I will be happy either way. Now how to keep my mind off obsessing over Boobs hmmmm any ideas?!

Bras??? Any advice

I bought the Victoria secret zip up sports bra. I'm not sure if they are good. They kind of have a bra inside. We don't have the cute ones from Walmart here in Canada. I also bought a couple off of amazon but they don't feel supportive at all.

5 more sleeps!!!!

The time is going so slowly. I guess because I have been waiting for 6 years. I hoping I have made the right decision on 375cc . It seems to be all I can think about.

4 more days!!!

Tomorrow!!!!!!

I have to be at the hospital in 12hrs.

11 hours and counting!!!

I am in Lethbridge at the hotel waiting for morning... yikes!!! I wish I could fast forward to about 3 weeks post op and not have to go through the pain and downtime. Lol

6:30 am tomorrow

I'm nervous! Lol

All done and home finally.

I was released from the hospital close to 3:00. Then it was a 2 hour drive home. I am actually in a lot of pain on the right side closest to my armpit. The rest of it is quite bearable. I have to keep my dressing on until tomorrow. I will post pictures tomorrow.

I got a peek and showered:)

I'm really hurting on the right side. There seems to be a big dimple where the pain is. Also the nips a pointing different directions ha ha I really hope they level out at some point. Dr Hassel did explain that I will not get the shape I wish for due to my anatomy. I'm sure once the swelling goes down they will take shape.

Just over a week post op

Well I must say I've been in more pain then I had expected! The right side seems to hurt a lot more than the left. It's really hard to find a bra that doesn't dig into the incisions. The shape is starting to improve and I am very happy so far with the results:)

Feeling defeated!!!!

I am 11 days post op and I went to the mall to get measured for my bra size. I am a 36DD :( I wanted to be a C cup. I went down from 600cc's to 375cc's. I even put on my old bra on and it fit. I ordered a bunch of bras online in a C cup I guess I will be sending them back.

I took the take off yesterday

Yikes! Ha ha i was so scared of pulling my nipples off. I have a lot of scanning going on. I'm not sure when that will go.

Coming along nicely

I can't believe how good they look! The scars are fading so fast:) I was so worried
Alberta Plastic Surgeon

Excellent doctor I have faith he will make things right! A few of my friends through the years have seen him and have had amazing results.