I Am Very Happy with my Surgery by Dr. Naderi - Bethesda, MD

Short review: Dr. Naderi is the best! He is...

Short review: Dr. Naderi is the best! He is relatable, wants to help, this is the only surgery he does, and he is very good at it. I am very happy with the surgery.

Long review:

When looking for a surgeon who will affect your face and how you look, you want to be RIGHT. Moreover, since your insurance will not cover a majority of the cost of this surgery, you also have to make sure that you get it right in the first shot i.e. hopefully not requiring a revision rhinoplasty, to avoid spending much more money again.

For the reason that insurance does not cover bulk of the cost, even the doctors are more inclined to market themselves and most of them are very good at it. So we are then looking at hundreds of websites with many doctors with different price points in different cities, and everyone appears to be very good. We run into a problem of too much of information and we don’t know what is the right criteria to select our surgeon.

The selection criteria I went with was as follows:

1. The reviews on realself, a popular website, should be very good (5 star) as a starting point.
2. The number is reviews should be large enough so that I can be confident that they are more likely to be genuine.
3. He should meet my price point. This is tricky as being a luxurious service, we automatically assume that the higher the price, the better the surgeon. You have to consider the location into it. E.g Surgery cost in NYC will, in general, be more expensive than even nearby cities like Boston or DC.
4. Nose surgery should be his specialty. I would much rather be operated by someone who does only nose surgeries than a surgeon who is a general face surgeon. In layman’s terms, I would much rather be operated by someone who has done this surgery hundreds of times already.
5. Getting comfort in dealing with him: How specific the surgeon is in telling you what the issue is and what he can do to resolve it? Do you get comfort in having him operate your nose? Is he relatable? Can you tell him frankly what you want? Is he trying to understand you?
6. Professionalism: How professional are the surgeon and his staff in dealing with you? Most of them do hard selling as it is a very competitive market.

I choose Dr. Shervin Naderi for the following reasons:

1. His reviews are stellar. They are so good that at one point I was wondering if it was even possible for someone to have those kind of reviews? Well, I am writing one myself .
2. He has a lot of them!
3. He charges more than a typical surgeon in the DC metro area but that’s because he is very good at what he does. His staff is very good in walking you through the cost and payment options.
4. Rhinoplasty is the only surgery he does and he does a lot of them every week.
5. He was very clear during my consultation about what he can do and what he cannot do. He showed me photo of my nose on his screen and also showed what he can change that into. This is really big as it sets your expectations right away. FYI- this is not a typical experience. During my research, I came across certain doctors in NYC, with much higher as well as lower price points, who told me within five minutes of consultation that my nose required a complex surgery but that they could make my nose beautiful. That’s it. No specificity. Some of these doctors did not even show me on the screen the possible digital outcome of the surgery. .
6. Dr. Naderi is very relatable and genuinely wants to help solve nose problems. He is very responsive. He called me the evening, a few hours after surgery, just to check in how I was doing. He is very prompt in responding to emails. I sometimes felt guilty that I am asking him every question coming to my mind rather than looking it up online. But he was always very good in answering questions in detail. His team is also very professional. I never felt that they wanted to sell the surgery to me. In fact, he offered me to take a second opinion in NYC if I wanted and also offered alternatives in case I didn’t want to go through the surgery. His staff members, Mary, Venessa and Sarah were very professional from the start in responding to any question I had. This is a complicated surgery and there are many things to take care of at every stage and things can go wrong if you don’t and so details are very important. This is again where Dr. Naderi and his team are the best. His team is so meticulous in getting you ready for surgery and preparing you from two weeks before surgery on what to wear, what to eat / drink, all medications, how to deal with swelling, how you should sleep, etc. until to weeks and months after the surgery. This was a lot of work but I never felt nervous about the surgery and recovery because I was so well prepared for each stage of this process.
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon