Botox masseter after jaw reduction surgery.

i did vline surgery in korea, jaw reduction and sliding forward genioplasty and got my chin shaved since the chin were too wide on 30sept. when can i do botox to masseter? i can still feel my masseter and it still makes my face look wide and would like to do botox soon

Botox for Masseter

Thank you for your question. Botox works by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can then no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften. Botox can be used in the master muscle to help contour the face. I recommend checking with your surgeon first as he/she may want you to wait till you are completely healed from surgery. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox

You can do botox again in about 3 months. I would refer to your surgeon and see what he/she says.

Masseter Botox after Jaw reduction surgery

Please consult with your surgeon first when it should be okay to do Botox. Botox is an off-label use (not FDA approved) in this area for jaw-shaping; and those with masseter hypertrophy it works well. 

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Slimming the face with Botox after Jaw surgery

I would ask your surgeon when they feel it is ok to get the Botox. It is a good treatment to slim the face if there is masseter hypertrophy. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox for masseter treatment

You should check with your surgeon who performed your jaw surgery. He may want you to wait until you are healed from your surgery a bit longer.

Botox for the masseter after surgery

Thank you for your question beabea91. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. In the lower face Botox can be placed in the masseter muscle to address TMJ and to contour the face. I would ask this question to your surgeon. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox

Hello and thank you for your question. Botox injection into the masseter can be very effective in this situation and can be safely performed at this point.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD