Will Botox make my face shinier? (Photo)

im 25 and i dont have wrinkles but only one fine line under my eyes. if i take botox on my forehead, will the forehead look smoother and tigther (shiny)? i do like the area to be tigther although i dont have lines

If you do not have wrinkles, Botox may not be the best choice for you.

While Botox does typically give a smoother forehead by relaxing wrinkles; however, if you do not have wrinkles, Botox may not be the best choice for you. Instead of looking into wrinkle reduction treatments, it sounds as though a good skin care regimen or a resurfacing treatment such as microneedling, laser rejuvenation, or chemical peel may be what you need. I suggest visiting a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation in which you can discuss your specific concerns and come up with a custom treatment plan.

Dallas Dermatologist

Will Botox make my face shinier?

Thank you for your question. You might want to consider a skincare treatment vs. Botox. Speak with a dermatologist, perhaps he/ she can recommend something. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

RR Retinoid Repair Cream from Kare Skin

You don't need Botox.

Retinoic creams will give you healthy shiny vibrant skin. 

I recommend RR Retinoid Repair Cream from Kare Skin.

Best

Botox for forehead

Since you do not have wrinkles on your forehead, Botox may not be the best procedure for what you describe.  It works best on dynamic wrinkles.  Of note, it may also reduce the oil production, thus lessening shine.  If you are looking to "tighten," you may want to research other procedures such as Ulthera.  These are nice procedures for young women to maintain a youthful appearance.  I find that many times patients have a hard time verbalizing what they are looking for - a visit with a local board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon would be hepful to have an in person consultation and better describe your goals.

Jacquelyn Dosal, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Best to wait

Rather than start Botox at your young age, i recommend good skin care products that will smooth your skin and keep it healthy.  Micro-Botox will smooth skin and tighten pores but not best for a single line. 
A skin facial cleanser, anti-oxidant, sun block and skin cream with peptides are a good start for vibrant looking skin. 

Botox and Skin Shining

Botox doesn't cause the skin to shine but i cant improve oiliness in areas that its injected and also helps sweating.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Will Botox make your forehead shinier?

Although Botox will smooth lines and wrinkles in your forehead, it will not change the skin on a molecular level, so there won't be a change in the sheen of the skin.  It will, however, make the forehead appear more smooth, possibly looking for the "tighter" appearance you're looking for.  Best of luck to you in your Botox treatments.

Botox and shiny skin

By smoothing out the lines and relaxing the forehead muscles, it is possible to change the skin texture. Smooth skin will reflect light differently and can sometimes appear to have a little shine afterwards. This is very hard to know or predict before doing it. I have never had a patient comment pro or con on this effect

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will BOTOX Make My Face Shiny?

Thank you for posting your interesting question. Botox injections, when done properly with the correct number of units will not make your forehead shinier. Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with BOTOX that can examine you and inform you if you are a good candidate for this treatment. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Botox and Shiny face

Botox cannot change the texture of your skin and make it shiny.  However, If you have "too much Botox" and your forehead is completely "frozen", it can appear shiny from that.  that is why I prefer "baby Botox" to be injected for a more natural look.  Best, Dr. Green