Lifting after mommy makeover?

Hi! I'm having a full tummy tuck w breast lift and implant next month. My brother in law has asked me to watch his 3 month old 3 full days a week. What is the weight limit for what I can carry and how long is the restriction? Thank you

Post-op Considerations in Melbourne, FL.

Regarding your question about lifting after your Mommy Makeover, although postop considerations can be different for every patient, in general I advise patients not to do any lifting for about 6 weeks after surgery and also if possible, to avoid raising blood pressure.  You will find that restrictions will vary slightly from surgeon to surgeon, but in general, common sense goes a long way in this area.  I hope this information is helpful to you.   Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Weight restrictions after mommy makeover

Every plastic surgeon is different.  I don't like my patients to lift/carry anything over 15 pounds for 6 weeks following a tummy tuck.  Check with your plastic surgeon to see what they are comfortable with.  Good luck!

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. For my patients, I recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 6-8 weeks following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. It is not wise to lift any weights until 6-8 weeks after your procedure. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Lifting after a Mommy Makeover

Thanks for your question.  Lifting and caring for a three month old infant should not be done for at least 6-8 weeks.  You want to be assured in achieving your best results, so the best course of action in this situation is to refrain from caring for the infant.  That way you will have enough time to heal properly and enjoy your results.  Then it will be much easier for you to help care for the baby and enjoy your new look.

Lifting after a Tummy Tuck

Thanks for the question. Most of the time the muscle layer is tightened with a tummy tuck and lifting needs to be restricted for 6-8 weeks afterward to allow adequate healing to take place. I recommend that my patient avoid lifting anything over 10-15lbs during that period of time. You would hate to got through the surgery and stretch out the results. Good Luck.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Lifting and caring for a 3 month old infant after mommy makeover?

After you have your mommy makeover, I would advise against providing day care for your brother-in-law's three month old infant for at least 6-8 weeks.  You need to give yourself adequate time to heal from your surgery before you can safely care for a three month old infant.  Good luck

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Post-op Care

Your surgeon will have particular guidelines, but typically after a TT and breast lift, we ask you to limit lifting things for 4-6 weeks. The usual weight restriction is 5-10lbs. Best wishes.

Postop Instructions

Thank you for your question.  I recommend no heavy lifting (no more than 10-15 lbs) or strenuous activity for four weeks after a breast augmentation and six weeks after a tummy tuck with rectus plication.  It is best for you to ask your surgeon about his/her specific recommendations regarding your postop recovery and activity restrictions.  Best wishes!

Mommy make-over and baby sitting.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over recovery.
  • Child care is very tiring, even apart from the lifting of the baby.
  • First, ask your own plastic surgeon and then add two more weeks to what you tell your brother in law.
  • And it should be at least EIGHT WEEKS before you tell him you can start.
  • You can always start babysitting earlier but you don't want to be scheduled to care for the baby when you are not ready. 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS