Crying 3 weeks after Belotero treatment. Could the filler have migrated from crying?

I had Belotero injected four weeks ago to the tear trough area with a cannula (1/4 syringe maximum on each tear trough). I also had a small amount of Botox administered to the under eye area. I cried quite heavily three weeks post treatment and am concerned the Belotero has attracted a lot of excess fluid as my eyes still feel heavy and appear puffy six days later. Will absorption of fluid by the Belotero as a result of crying remain until the filler dissolves? 

Beotero reversal with Vitrase

Not likely that crying has affected the localized swelling.

Three weeks post injection of hyaluronic acid based fillers, residual swelling can be addressed with Vitrase to dissolve the product. 

Belotero and Absorption

Belotero cannot be absorbed except through hyaluronidase injections.  The selling that you perceived is most likely from your crying. If you are concerned you should return to your treating physician for examination.  Best, Dr. Green

Residual eye bags/puffiness after Belotero injection

Crying after Belotero injection should not effect the overall settlement of the filler. In general, I advise my patients to wait 2 weeks for the filler to settle as swelling and bruising can take some time to resolve. Puffiness 6 days after Belotero injection most likely represents normal post-injection swelling. The Botox injection under your eyes, however, can explain the feeling of "heaviness". This feeling can improve with time, however if you experience difficulty closing your eyes, change in lower eyelid position, or eye irritation/tearing (symptoms of dry eyes), then it is important to return to your doctor. Sorry to hear that you were crying, hope all is well! 

Maryam Nazemzadeh, MD
McLean Oculoplastic Surgeon