Do Voluma and Belotero have crazy side effects such as swelling, black and blue bruising and scarring?

its my 3rd day since i did voluma 1 syringe on each cheek & belotero under eyes but the swelling and brusing won't go down its black & blue under right eyes and more swollen under right eyes than left also it pains alot and its traveling to my eyes, i asked my dr if dissolving the filler was an option & was told no was told it might take 2 weeks for brusing to go way before the procedure now they are saying 4 weeks please help

Voluma and Belotero injections

All fillers run the risk of some swelling and bruising but these are temporary side effects.  I would definitely suggest that you find an expert with these facial injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Bruising & swelling after fillers

Volume & Belotero r hyaluronic acids that have a hydrating component in the 1st 2 wks after injection so there can be swelling in thin skin of lower eyelids , using blunt micro cannulae to inject should cut down the amount of bruising &
swelling but it's often hard to predict & may be an individual characteristic . Be patient & follow directions of your Dr !

Jerrold Gendler, MD, FRCS

Pain, Swelling, and Bruising after Voluma and Belotero

While swelling and bruising after any hyaluronic acid filler is normal, it is unusual to have pain radiating to your eyes.  In general, there is minimal swelling with Voluma and mild to moderate swelling with Belotero.  I would recommend an actual visit with your dermatologist or plastic surgeon injector to evaluate your concerns.  Either of the products used can be rapidly dissolved with hylauronidase. 

Best set of luck,
Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon