Can you have Belotero and Restylane placed in same area? (tear trough)

I have boletero placed in cheeks and tear trough in october...i want more placed but the new doc i might see will place restalyne..probably not the whole syringe. Is that safe to do months later? I dont plan on doing it till after the holidays..

Belotero and Restylane - Like Peanut butter and Jelly

I love both of these products for the lower lids, and the combo works amazingly! I will often inject Restylane deep, at the periosteum to lay a base and then use Belotero to do the fine detailed superficial lines. Hope that helps! :)

Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Belotero and Restylane in the same place

You can absolutely have Belotero and Restylane injected into the same place, whether it be under the eyes or around the nasolabial area.  This is an advanced technique under the eyes so please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Can belotero and restylane be placed in the same area

Great question!  Belotero and restylane are a great combination, and often, done together give a fabulous result.  The restylane is placed deep for support and the belotero more superficial to help fill.  you should be very happy.  good luck!

Brent Birely, MD

Not a problem

Belotero and Restylane are both hyaluronic acid fillers and in my experience are compatible in the same area.  They are of different viscosity and have different rates of absorption, but that should not create a problem for you or the doctor injecting.

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Belotero and Resylane Combo

Thank you for sharing your question. You do not need to be concerned about the use of Belotero and Restylane simultaneously; this is a great combination for facial rejuvenation. Good luck!

Using Different Fillers in the Same Area

Yes, you can use Belotero and Restylane in the same area. Different fillers are sometimes used and layered together to give optimal results. In the tear troughs, the Belotero is placed more superficially, while the Restylane is injected deeper. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Belotero and Restylane

Hi A.  Belotero and Restylane are very similar products and there is no problem using them together in the same area.  

For examples of Restylane before and after photos for our Glendale, CA patients, click the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Combining Fillers

A combination of fillers is often used.  Some areas respond better to certain products than others.  I like to keep a variety of fillers on hand so that the treatment can be tailored to the patient's needs.  Restalyne can be placed in an area that has had Boletero in the past without a problem.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon