Is Belotero a good filler for marionette lines?

Belotero for Marionette Lines

Great question.  Belotero is one of the least volumizing (thinnest) fillers.  It is typically used for superficial, fine lines and wrinkles.  We like to use Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus for the marionette lines.  Voluma is also a good option for this area.  A thicker, volumizing filler is a better option for marionette lines.  Thank you for your question.

Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Belotero for tear troughs or the lips - Williamsville, NY

I find that Belotero is an excellent filler for the lips and tear troughs.

I use juvederm or Voluma for the marionette lines.

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian

Marionette Lines and Fillers

Depending on the depth of the lines, you could use Belotero, Juvederm, or Restylane.  The choice of fillers depends on the patient's facial structure. I utilize a great deal of Voluma to raise the cheeks away from the folds and improve this area.  Please consult an expert in these facial injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Belotero for marionette lines

Belotero is one of the thinner HA filler products out there.  It can be a very good option for an area that is not very volume defficient.  If the marrionette lines are very deep, a thicker filler should be used. 

Brent Birely, MD

Belotero for marionette lines

Yes Belotero can be a good filler for marionette lines. There are several different products within the Belotero range of varying thickness, so depending on how deep the marionette lines are there should be a Belotero product that will suit you. It is important to have a good consultation to establish the causes of lines as you need to look at the face as a whole. It may be that laxity and loss of volume higher up in the face may be contributing to the marionette lines.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Belotero

Belotero is a finer filler & is used primarily around the eyes & lips , marionette lines start at the corners of the mouth , I often will use a deeper filler like Voluma with a superficial addition of Belotero & even a little Botox to correct this aging phenomenon , but remember 'Less is More ' as to amount to avoid any lumpiness!

Jerrold Gendler, MD, FRCS

Belotero for Marionette Lines

Belotero is a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler that is effective for fine lines.  It does not have the robust character of some of the other HA fillers such as Restylane, Restylane Lyft, or Juvederm Ultra Plus which are typically more effective for the marionette lines.  Please note that loss of volume of the upper 2/3 of the face is often a large contributor to the formation of marionette lines.  It would be best to consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to review the most cost effective options for you. 

Best at of luck,
Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon