If you have coolsculpting on neck will it leave the skin to sag with an older person?

Coolsculpting on the neck in an older person...

I attached my video, which references Kybella but can just as easily be substituted for Coolsculpting -- I encourage you to watch it.  If you debulk or remove fat from a neck with loose skin and poor skin elasticity, the skin will essentially resemble a deflated balloon. In these instances, a neck lift, where skin can also be excised, may be a better option.  Visit with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to discuss your individual condition and devise a plan tailored to your goals. Good luck!

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will the Coolsculpting Mini leave saggy neck skin?

Hi,Great question!  I routinely tell patients that Coolsculpting does not affect the skin.  If you start with firm skin, it will stay firm.  If your skin is already crepey, it will still be crepey.  What you may see after Coolsculpting Mini, is that neck banding may show up more when the fat covering them is gone.  The scientific photos on the CoolMini have not shown more skin sagging after 2 procedures.
Warmly,Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin sag with CS

It would be helpful to see photos.  However, if you have loose skin already, CS may not be the best option.  I'd advise you seek consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. 

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Cool Mini for the chin

Though difficult to know with any certainty without examining you, CoolMini (and Coolsculpting overall) has shown some very impressive skin tightening in the majority of our patients.  Regardless of area, skin does not appear to be any more saggy in the treated areas and in fact, can be significantly improved.  (I wouldn't recommend it for only skin tightening if no fat is present however).  For the best answer for you, consider a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can advise you about Coolsculpting or possible surgery.  Good luck

Grant Stevens, MD

Skin after Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question. If your skin is already sagging then you may be left with some more sagging skin. I would recommend speaking with a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a good candidate. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Sagging skin as an older person

This is a little bit of a tricky question to answer.  Everyone's skin will lose elasticity as they age.  This will cause skin to "sag" as we all age.  Unfortunately, Coolsculpting as a younger person will not prevent this from happening. Coolsculpting works by removing the fat cells.  It has little to no impact on "tightening" the skin.  There are other great procedures for tightening neck skin, but Coolsculpting should not be viewed in this regard.  Best of luck! 

CoolSculpting and Loose Skin

If your skin is already sagging some or has lost some of its elastin, then you may end up with more sagging skin after the procedure.  Some people have great skin retraction with CoolSculpting, along with the fat reduction, but it isn't as predictable on someone with looser skin.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who offers multiple options for the chin/neck to see what your best options are.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Will Chin sag with Coolsculpt?

Coolsculpting under the chin will get rid of a lot of the excess fat in that area. If you have a lot of fat in the area or if you already have some sagging and your skin is not elastic or stretchy, then you could end up with some sagging skin. See someone with extensive experience with the face. I wouldn't just trust a coolsculpting spa to give you the correct recommendation.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon