Can I have cool sculpting done a week before a breast augmentation is booked in?

Coolsculpting and Breast Augmentation

Yes you can do coolsculpting before breast augmentation as long as it is not in the area being treated surgically or around that area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting before breast augmentation

I think the best answer is to discuss your case with your plastic surgeon. However, my thought is that as long as you are not having CoolSculpting for the bra fat, you should be fine getting the procedure done 1 week before your surgery.

Coolsculpting before surgery

Depending on the area you are considering for Coolsculpting, there should be no problem having it a week prior to surgery.  Some patients do get some mild to moderate swelling after Coolsculpting, so if you were doing bra fat or an area adjacent to the breast area, then perhaps I would delay it, otherwise, you are good to go.
Good luck

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting before breast augmentation

Thanks for your question.  I would say that it depends where on your body you are planning on having Coolsculpting.  If it is for the area of "bra fat" by your arm pits then I would probably wait to have Coolsculpting.  Otherwise I don't see why there would be a problem.  Best advice is to check with the plastic surgeon who is performing your breast augmentation to see if they have any specific instructions or requirements.  Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

While there is no specific contraindication you may want to consider waiting especially if you are going to treat the abdomen or flank region. In addition treatment of the bra fat region or the upper abdomen region under the rib cage may not be a good idea prior to surgery as it can lead to inflammation and swelling, not to mention delayed onset neuropathic pain which will not be amenable to traditional pain killers such as Percocet. I imagine you do not want to deal with two separate issues. However this is a conversation best had with your plastic surgeon
All the bestDr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Thank you for your question. Yes you can have CoolSculpting done a week before breast augmentation. However, please discuss this with your plastic surgeon as every surgeon has their own protocols. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD