6-day Prednisone course of 81 mg during laser Fraxel treatment series, is it a problem?

third Fraxel done 9 days ago. leg condition could benefit from a short Prednisone course or NSAID. The schedule is 6 days: 24, 20, ..., 4 mg for a total of 81mg. fraxel scheduled again in 4 weeks so if I take the course I will get Fraxel 3 weeks after I am done. How long does it take to heal after a treatment? Am I still healing? will the Prednisone course interfere with healing? And how long will Prednisone remain in my body? will it interfere with the upcoming laser recovery? Thanks.

Fraxel and Prednisone

Fraxel is the gold standard for treating acne scars and fine lines.  Prednisone should have no effect n your recovery or results.  There are times when we prescribe Prednisone to minimize the swelling when treating acne scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Prednisone and Fraxel Treatments

I have no found prednisone in a taper to effect the results of fraxel.  If you are swollen or want to decrease inflammation post fraxel, also add a diuretic and arnika forte.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Predisone and Fraxel Laser

As you may know, there are 3 different types of Fraxel laser products (Repair, Restore and Thulium). The recovery is quite different for each laser. A Repair may take a week to recover from, while a light Restore treatment may be back to normal within 48 hours. All that said, the short course of prednisone should not have any effect on a laser treatment to be performed 3 weeks later. If you have any questions about your recovery speak with the provider who performed your procedure. Be well, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon