What are my chances of completely removing this tattoo? (photo)

I got this tattoo around 14 years ago and now really dislike it. I have had around 12-14 sessions of medlite C6 laser removal. There has been some fading but overall I was disappointed with the results. I would really like the tattoo completely gone and am considering starting Picosure treatment. I wondered what the chances of total clearance with Picosure were. I'm a 31 year old female in pretty good health.

Tattoo removal

it appears from the photo that the tattoo pigment is black although the your skin tone is more difficult to differentiate based on the photo provided.  I use the Picosure and have seen patients in your same situation that have undergone many treatments with another laser without any significant results.  Simply put, total to near total removal of your tattoo should be possible within approximately 4 treatments with the Picosure.  good luck.

Try a PicoSure Treatment!

I definitely think you should try the PicoSure laser.  The technology is newer and the Pico is able to break the ink into much smaller particles, allowing your body to clear it better.  Good Luck!

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

Your chances are very good of being able to completely get rid of this tattoo.

Newer tattoo removal lasers with larger spot sizes and high peak power are now available to help with resistant tattoos.   Larger laser spot sizes penetrated deeper into the skin because of greater random distribution of the photons.  Black ink is the most successful color to remove because it absorbs all laser wavelengths the best of all tattoo inks.  Check with a Dermatologist who has the latest tattoo removal lasers and lots of experience. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon