Breast Reduction Exercise

If I do chest exercises and build an underlying muscle will it lift and shrink my breasts, I am a 32D and I hate that they are so big and sag quite a bit for my age ( I am 20). SO I am looking for a way to fix those problems I want smaller breasts but I also would like them to sit higher up once I get there without surgery.

Exercise Will Help Your Health

This is a commom question that I get. Unfortunately, building the pec muscle does nothing for the overlying gland. However, it may help you to lose weight which may help to decrease breast size.

So after your breast reduction, which will reduce the size and elevate the nipple, you will be in phenominal shape to show off that new body.

Find a surgeon that performs a supromedial pedicle. This is a newer and better form of the breast reduction.

Exercise Will Help Your Health

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Exercise and Breast Reduction

Exercise may help you achieve weight loss therefore reducing the size of your breasts but it will not eliminate the need for a breast lift. If you are at your ideal weight, consult with an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. Best wishes!

Exercise and Breast Reduction

Breast reduction surgery

Hello, unfortunately the only way to reduce your breasts (& lift them) is by surgery.  No amount of muscle strengthening or exercises will help. If you wish to have your breasts reduced then you should seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon. All the best

Breast reduction surgery

Working out will tone your muscles, but not your breasts

Building up your chest muscles will not shrink and lift your breasts. The only way to non-surgically reduce the size of your breast is by losing weight. Since you are young, your skin would shrink better than older skin, but it would still not lift your breasts if they are truly drooping. Losing weight can actually make the breasts look more droopy if you lose volume and the skin doesn't shrink to match.
It's no fun to be droopy at age 20, and I can understand wanting to avoid surgery if you can. Unfortunately exercising cannot achieve what you are after. Based on your description, the best way to make your breasts smaller and lift them up is with a breast reduction, which also lifts the position of your breasts. If you don't want them smaller, you can get a breast lift alone.
I would recommend meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon to see how you can best achieve the results you want, and go from there.
Hope this helps, and good luck!

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Exercise will not improve the aesthetic appearance of breasts

I understand your frustration, but exercise will not improve the aesthetic appearance of your breasts. This is especially true as it relates to the degree of sagging that you have. In fact, if you experience weight loss from your exercise regimen, your sagging could worsen! This is because the skin envelope is already stretched and with breast volume loss, the breast will droop more. You probably do not want to focus on increasing muscle mass of the pectoral muscles as this will contribute to making your breasts appear larger in the upper poles.

So, exercise is very important for your overall health but be advised that it will not improve the appearance of your breasts. My advice is to reconsider surgery. Please seek a consultation with a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery to discuss various surgical options with you.

Stephen A. Goldstein, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Stephen A. Goldstein, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Sadly, no

If you exercise and lose body fat, your breasts will shrink to some degree depending on your genetics and how much fat vs. breast tissue comprises your breasts. But as they shrink, they will also droop more if they are already sitting low. The key is where the nipple and areola are positioned in relation to the crease below the breast. If the nipple is well above the crease you might shrink and just lose upper pole fullness. If the nipple is at or below the crease already, it will stay there or even go a little lower as you lose weight.

Sadly, no

Breast Reduction Exercise

Unfortunately doing chest/pec muscle exercises will not decrease the size of your breasts.  You most likely would benefit from Breast Reduction surgery. Breast Reduction surgery is intended to reduce the size of your breasts and improve their shape and position.  Breast Reduction can relieve pain and discomort usually associated with overly large breasts and often makes a dramatic improvement to your lifestyle.

Breast Reduction Exercise

Exercises for reducing or lifting breasts.

Thanks for your question, there no exercise for lifting breasts, but it is true that by reducing your weight breasts may diminish its size, but sagginess may get worst. The surgical procedure tht may help with breasts is the breast reduction and lift, this procedures has a cost in my clinic of around US$2,800 to US$3,000.

Regards

Kemil Issa, MD

Regards

Kemil Issa, MD

Exercise to lift the breasts

Unfortunately, exercises to develop the pectoralis muscle will not lift the breast.  Exercise helps people to lose weight, which often causes the breasts to get smaller, but it will not lift them back into position.  Only surgery can do that.  The well known chant from Judy Blume's Hello God, It's Me, Margaret of "We must, we must, we must increase our bust" is unfortunately not effective in changing the size or shape of the glandular breast.

Exercise to lift the breasts

Breast reduction and exercise

Thank you for the question and I am sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time. Exercising will definitely help to build up strength, lose weight, achieve better contour of the chest wall and upper ams, which will all in turn contribute to a better shape and posture. Also, as heavy breasts influence you posture in a negative way, exercise and balancing your chest muscles with your upper back muscles will help you in long run. If you are a size D and the skin is in pretty good condition, losing weight and a cup size mainly from fat, your breasts might get to a reasonable look. However, stretched skin will not return to a higher position without surgery. I would recommend seeing a specialist plastics surgeon,  to be able to assess you chances with and without surgery. All the best!

Breast reduction and exercise