When can you get more filler if you feel as though your results are to subtle? Is there a certain waiting period? (photo)

I got Juvederm XC on Friday the 11th. I love the way they look, but they are just a tad bit too subtle of a change and don't really look too totally different than before. I got one syringe during my appt but I'm thinking I should have gotten 1 1/2. Also I wanted the sides to be fuller and she mentioned Botox to lift the sides of the mouth to possibly do that. Is that something that is usually yields good results?

How to Know How Much Filler?

From your photo, it appears that you have beautifully shaped lips and are a great candidate for lip augmentation.  Because you're not starting off with a lot of volume loss, lip augmentation, in my experience, can be subtle and many younger patients love their lips right after the first injection when they are still swollen.  In my practice, we schedule a 2 week follow-up appointment to evaluate treatment results, and add more filler if desired.  Another consideration is the type of filler that is used.  In my experience, I tend to use Juvederm when treating older patients for lip "reflation" and Restylane for younger patients looking for "augmentation," because you see a little more swelling and volume with Restylane.  I also have experience with Restylane Silk, as a trainer for the company, and find that to be a great option for more fullness.  If you're being treated by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon  (which I recommend), you should consult with your physician 2 or more weeks after your treatment for specific advice on whether more filler would give you the results you're looking for.

Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

When can you get more filler if you feel as though your results are to subtle? Is there a certain waiting period?

Hi, I have performed lip augmentation using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  You should be able to get additional dermal filler in a week after the initial swelling has subsided.  Hope this helps. 

Lip aug

You're looking good for the immediate results but wait a full 2wks then if not satisfied return to your injector for a tweak . In addition to volumizing the lips I routinely shape the margins with either Belotero or Restylane . Trust your injector , Board certification is not the most important criterion for choosing who to go to for good results !

Jerrold Gendler, MD, FRCS

Filler for lips

I always offer my patients a 2-4 week follow up but I also tell them they can call and come in earlier if there are any questions. Before putting in more filler I would usually wait at least 1-2 weeks. The most important thing is to be working with a great board certified core doctor with lots of experience like a dermatologist or plastic surgeon and call and ask them and go back to see them. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Fuller Lips

Hi there ~ I think your lips look great!I typically ask my patients to wait at least two weeks for swelling & any bruising to go down.At that time I will re-evaluate and as long as there are no contraindications, I am happy to inject more filler for a fuller look.Call your injector to schedule a follow up so you can let her or him know that you would like your lips fuller.
Dr. Michelle Spring
Glacier View Plastic Surgery

Waiting period for Juvederm

If you think you need more, it's OK to ask for more.  Swelling is usually gone in 1-2 weeks for more patients, so that's a good time to judge.

Waiting period

While there is no formal waiting period it makes sense to wait at least 3 or 4 weeks to let swelling settle and water absorption into the juvederm  equilibrate.   There is no rush.    3 to 4 weeks is the best answer.   My Best,  Dr Commons