When Will I Notice the Results of the Botox?

Had botox between eyes, frown lines 2 days ago... I see no difference.

Botox Effects can be seen 3 to 5 days after treatment: Botulinum Type A

Botox Cosmetic and Effect of Botox

Botox Cosmetic is produced by Allergan. Botox is a name brand for Botulinum Toxin Serotype A and is effective for the reduction of dynamic wrinkles in the forehead, eyebrow area, crow's feet, and perioral area.

Botox works by stopping the output of a specific neurotransmitter known as Acetylcholine across the nerve. Although the effects of Botox occur immediately to stop the release of Acetylcholine, there is still some reserve of the chemical that will last about three to five days in the nerve synapse. Once the reserve is used up, then botox will succesfully stop the release of further Acetylcholine for several months.

In my Santa Monica office, I instruct my patients to follow a strict exercise protocol after their injection.

Questions: spakare@yahoo.com

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD www.karemd.com Kare Plastic Surgery & Skin Health Clinic Santa Monica, Los Angeles Plastic Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Botox Cosmetic and Effect of Botox

Questions: spakare@yahoo.com

BOTOX Cosmetic takes time to work

In general, a patient should notice some effect of the BOTOX Cosmetic within 4-7 days of it being injected. However, this time may be shorter in some individuals. The complete effect is generally seen by 14 days after the date of the injection.

One of the most frequent misconceptions is that BOTOX Cosmetic will work immediately. It is important to understand how BOTOX Cosmetic works.

After BOTOX Cosmetic is injected into the muscle, it takes time for it to bind to the receptor responsible for sending the signal to release a chemical that results in muscle contraction. Until this binding takes place, the patient will not see an effect. This process takes a different amount of time in different people.

I recommend that all patients be seen two weeks after being injected with BOTOX Cosmetic. This will allow your physician to critically evaluate the results. If you are pleased, it will allow the physician to know this so he/she can repeat the injection technique in the future. If you are not completely satisfied, a dose adjustment ("touch up injection") can be performed to meet your expectations. This will also allow your physician to adjust his/her technique in the future.

Remember that BOTOX Cosmetic will not remove lines or wrinkles that are already etched into the skin. For this, one should consider skin resurfacing (e.g., chemical peels, laser, dermabrasion) and/or injectable filler materials (e.g., Restylane, Juvederm).

Be sure your physician has the proper training, credentials, and experience. Communicate your goals before your injection. This will allow your physician to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations.

BOTOX Cosmetic takes time to work

You should notice the Botox starting to work in 2-3 days...

You should notice the Botox starting to work in 2-3 days. Over the course of 7-10 days, the effect will become stronger. In my practice, I ask patients to return at two weeks as that point they should be seeing maximal effect. As is mentioned in other forums, lines between the brows can be due to either muscle motion or tethering of the skin to deeper structures. This means that for maximal effect you may need Botox + some type of filler. More permanent options are available.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Generally Two Weeks After Treatment...

While most patients see the beginning results of Botox in two to three days, the full effect will not be seen until about two weeks after injections. However, some patients may need a combination of Botox and dermal fillers to see optimal results. Follow up with your doctor after a suitable amount of time if you’re still unhappy with the results.

Generally Two Weeks After Treatment...

Botox - starts to work in a few days; complete results in 2 weeks

Botox typically starts working in 4-7 days.  Your muscles will weaken further, and you will have your final results in 2 weeks.  Touchups are generally done after 2 weeks have passed.

Most patients begin to notice a result within 2-3 days following injection.

Most patients begin to notice a result within 2-3 days following injection of Botox. Patients may require 7 days to notice their 'final' result. If you do not notice an effect or your desired result after 7 days, it is a good idea to see your physician who did your treatment. You may require additional units of Botox to see the desired effect.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Sanjay Grover, MD

Botox time to work

Botox typically takes 2-3 days to begin to work. The complete effect can take about a week. If after a week you haven't seen an improvement you should see your doctor.

Pre-injection and post-injection photos can be very helpful in documenting the improvement. Your doctor should also keep close records documenting how much they've injected, at what concentration and where.

Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. At my practice, I perform all the injections personally.

Botox time to work

When to expect Botox results

Thank you for your question jenniferdrichards. This is a common question. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. The pivotal studies demonstrated that the peak effects of Botox are seen 14 days after the treatment and most people enjoy their results for 3-4 months. That being said, some people start to see results as early as the next day. But I tell my patients to wait a full 2 weeks for full results. We have our patients return at that time to assess their results. At that time additional units may be added if necessary. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

When to expect Botox results

Botox

You will not begin to see results of your botox for 5-7 days.  For some people it can take up to 2 weeks before the botox takes full effect.  I always have my patients wait a full 2 weeks before returning to the office to determine if more botox is needed.  Good luck! 

Botox

When will I notice the results of Botox?

Thank you for your question about Botox.  It typically takes 7-10 days to see the effects of Botox once it is injected.  I will often have patients follow up in 2 weeks, because that should be the time it takes to have the full effect of treatment.  At that follow up we can assess the treatment and determine if the patient would need any additional treatment.  Treatments are typically spaced every 3-4 months, as this is how long it typically takes for the muscle movement to return.  That time will vary per patient. 

To be sure, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.